Keyboard notes hurry when recording

Sounds like the emulated ports issue. I had the same thing happen with cubase a while back. What you have to do is go into your nundo folder and look for a file called ignoreemulatedports or something along those lines and put that in the root of nuendo

you can prob find it in

c:/progs/nuendo/someFolder Its in one of the sub folders
c:/progs/nuendo <--- put it there

Then launch nuendo and select a dif midi port that isnt emulated.

Yes, I fell off in a f***ng despair! :( I checked off that "Adjust for record latency". After it the notes shifting just became less, but it is still present. The "Record Placement Offset" is for audio recording not midi. I tried to reinstall Nuendo but it didn't help.

Maybe it is something about "Your audio hardware reports an incorrect Input latency value in its communication with Cubase SX/SL." as King K said, but I also failed to find something about this in my M-Audio Control Panel preferences. I don't know what to do!!! :((((

I have had the same problem with an 1820m . The longer it was on the earlier the notes would record . Had to use MIDI through usb instead of going through the Emu;s MIDI ports . Replaced every part - they ended up giving me a second one for free . Stuck my 1212m in that box too - hardware conflict that could not be resolved with all the Emu stuff and that box . Did every tweak possible .

I also use Nuendo 3 but it happened with Reason , Cubase , Tracktion , Sonar , and Live . I know was overkill but I was trying to prove to them it was a hardware conflict . I

Bottom line is that you may not be able to get it all to like up . Such is the world of PC recording - too many makers of parts . Mac is better in that aspect - things either work or do not (for the most part) .

Edit - Motherboard , Processor , etc ? Maybe we can find some common ground

Last edited:
Back