How do you MIDI sequence in Cubase on a Mac?

N

nandaiyo

Just got the program and am having difficulties getting the midi going! Please help?

I just want to:

1) record my midi input (everything's hooked up, and when I play on the keyboard, the IN light goes on)
2) Open up a piano roll and start editing notes

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, to if midi is going in just hit record, wait for the pre-roll - default 2 bars - and then start playing. To put Cubase into record mode I like to hit the asterisk [*] on the number pad.

To open up the piano-roll double click (with the arrow tool) on the part you've just created.

Hope this helps,
KasioRoks

thanks Kasioroks, I finally got it up and running! :cool:

My problem now is getting Cubase to playback multi channels of MIDI information into my Keyboard, and getting each channel to call up its respective instrument/program.

Right now, all midi data just plays whatever instrument is currently selected on my keyboard. I guess it has something to do with program/patch select that I have to declare.

Will look into it further.

Sounds like your keyboard is set to 'omni' mode, you need to set it so that different patches can receive different midi- channels. I don't know how that would work on your particular keyboard (or even if you can .... actually if it's a modern keyboard I'm sure you can).

KasioRoks

Back