How to convert Reason Refill to Wav Files?

tomblaze2

Alright...I have recently stumbled along some Reason refills that I like and wanted to know how I could extract the sound files from the .rfl file to .wav files. I do have reason, but I prefer FL studio personally and would like to have access to these sounds without having to rewire reason into FL studio (save myself the CPU processing). Anyone know how this is done?

the simple answer is u cant. its a closed format. ive heard rumors of refill extractors but I have not seen one.

yeah I agree to just play the note in Reason and then export wav...

There is the unofficial/illegal ReFillViewer floating around somewhere, but I'm not sure how reliable it actually is...

I've heard of that Refill Unpacker too, but haven't used it - I hear it works on some refills, but not on others. Probably the easiest way for you is just to export the wav as the others have mentioned.

I have the refill extractor, I haven't tried extracting from different refills, but I was able to extract every thing from the xclusive drum sounds folder.

why r cats so caught up in extracting refills anyway? Reason sounds without fx are crap compared to most vsts lol. The thing that makes reason sounds so good is that they are very moldable and sound ok without fx but anyone who knows better would never want to just jack the wavs lol

^ Some have reason and wanna use just take a the wavs pop them into a wave Editor and mold them

thats one reason why

well i found the refill viewer, it works wonders/.. alot easier than the previous method

Refill Unpacker

sdouble said:
I have the refill extractor, I haven't tried extracting from different refills, but I was able to extract every thing from the xclusive drum sounds folder.

That refill unpacker, where can I get it? Should searching online resources be enough? Or is it so underground that I need to get it directly from someone?

bleakdnb said:
well i found the refill viewer, it works wonders/.. alot easier than the previous method

Where can I get that viewer man?

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
Reason sounds without fx are crap compared to most vsts
vs.
The thing that makes reason sounds so good is that they are very moldable and sound ok without fx

what now?
Do they sound crap without FX, or do they sound ok without them? ^^

Refills are gay anyway.

Just do a search for reason refill viewer...I posted a link up here and it was removed...so you are on your own for that...

Sqito said:
vs.

what now?
Do they sound crap without FX, or do they sound ok without them? ^^

Refills are gay anyway.
i should have been more specific ur right. when i said reason sounds are like crap without fx i was comparing them to vsts with fx already preset they are still decent sounds just crap compared to what most vsts sound like out of the box

Back