Fruity loops vs reason: The final showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiddvicious

fruity-loops.jpg
VS
reason_logo.jpg

In your opinion....

Which is the better of the programs for Beatmaking/Music Production?

Last edited:
never used reason before. i think i might get the demo and try it out, i hear good things about it. but i like FL because its simple, everythings set out nice.

why not do a reason vs FL beat battle? or has that been done? same sample. different softwares.

Neither its all preference, what's better a car or a jeep to get back and forth to work they both do the samething and if you can't drive neither is going to help........

Last edited:
Doe it matter? People (not saying you) are so caught up in this "DAW WAR" and they are worried about "how fast it is to work on it," or "It can be downloaded illegally." WTF?

First off, it's not your responsibility to worry about who downloads what on their own computer.

Second, IT IS UP TO YOU, HOW FAST YOU CAN MAKE THE DAW WORK FOR YOU, DON'T DEPEND ON WHAT OTHERS SAY. THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT IS SOUND QUALITY, TRACK #, CPU USAGE, and most of all. . .

THE FINAL PRODUCT

I said in a thread before, I have seen dudes with a MPK, FL Studio and a laptop with better beats than dudes with 4 or 5 keyboards, and a protools HD rig.

There is nothing you can't do one DAW that you can't do on another.

Neither its all preference, what's better a car or a jeep to get back and forth to work they both do the samething and if you can't drive neither is going to help........

Theres Definitely a difference... Im fluent in Both FL and Reason.. I started off with FL (and I'll neva knock FL, cuz i made some real descent music on there)

But when Graduated to Reason. I realized that Reason is a whole different animal. The Quality of music ive made on Reason, i feel i could have neva made on FL..

Theres Definitely a difference... Im fluent in Both FL and Reason.. I started off with FL (and I'll neva knock FL, cuz i made some real descent music on there)

But when Graduated to Reason. I realized that Reason is a whole different animal. The Quality of music ive made on Reason, i feel i could have neva made on FL..
That's cool then all that means is Reason was the better choice for YOU everybody different tho.......

I make money and music with both. Both are great AND if you rewire them together...you pretty much have an extremely unlimited workstation that can do all!! USE THEM BOTH...if you have to choose...DL the demos and work it out for your taste.

What about vst's and recording...

I use REASON and LIVE 8, I'm just saying... Prop heads like to limit you.

You have to buy Recycle to be able to make your own .rex files to use in REASON... you have to buy Record to be able to record...

one has less functionality... but is not picked on for it's name. If the names were reversed... the one with less functionality and the bad name would lose hands down.

REASON has no waveforms you can edit or set loop points on ... anywhere.

You have to export each track individually in REASON...

You can't get long samples such as acapellas to play from the start point you want in REASON... you have to play the whole file again.

How accurately can you edit drums in REASON... you'd think that since a PC has a screen.... they'd want you to see what you're working on, lol.

Even if you love REASON... it's always the slave to another DAW in most cases... so why not just learn the other DAW...

even after all of that... I still love the ease of workflow in REASON, sequencer is better but not as good as LIVE.

... never used FL for real, tried it a couple of times and didn't see the reason to explore any further.

Last edited by a moderator:
I make money and music with both. Both are great AND if you rewire them together...you pretty much have an extremely unlimited workstation that can do all!! USE THEM BOTH...if you have to choose...DL the demos and work it out for your taste.

borat-neon-green-swimsuit19.jpg

Last edited:
closed - you post a topic that has been discussed through death and the afterlife, and then post the mankini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back