The "Favorites" function in Reason - how to export/ save settings?

orjanbeats

I've sorted my drums using the Favorites function in the browser in Reason. Is there any way to either export the whole library the way it's sorted now? Or save the Favorites settings, so I won't have to make new lists in case I have to reinstall the OS?

huh?

Save teh file path is what your saying??

Just save your drums on a disc/hard drive w/e

Right down the file path

So if you do have to re install your OS just copy it the exact same way.

You need to find the Reason Preferences file and back that up. On PC it will likely be in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user id>\Application Data\Propellerhead Software\Reason\Reason Preferences.prf

on a mac it will likely be at

<home folder>/library/preferences

You might also find this helpful:

Working with Patches...

cycloptic

Last edited:
Looks like the HTML gremlin ate some of the file paths in my original post. What they should read is

C:\Documents and Settings\[user id]\Application Data\Propellerhead Software\Reason\Reason Preferences.prf

and

[user id]/library/preferences

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

cycloptic

Last edited:
vista location.

C:\Documents and Settings\[user id]\AppData/Roaming/Propeller Software/Reason/Reason Prefrences.prf

I asked this question time ago, i got aired differntly.

I think mods even deleted my thread like i asked some silly question.

You know you can add folders to that list on the left in reason right?

no i mean once you back up the preferences file and you move the file to another computer in an attempt to keep all of the favorites that you have saved over years. But on the new computer when u pull up reason. and go to favorites it looks for the original location of the file. There should be a way to change where the favorites folders are looking for the files at. That way i can just move all my sounds to the new computer and point it 2 the new location and access all of my favorites again.

Back