DAW for trance/dance?

Alex F450

Hey everyone, i know this is asked a lot but im stuck on it. My uncle upgraded a lot of his software and got a new pc so he gave me a lot of software but i dont know which is best for my music.

I have FL Studio 8 XXL with nexus, vangaurd, and z3ta+. I use this now and its great but all of the songs i make out of it seem quiet. the biggest issue is that i heard FL does not work well with midi controller out of the box and needs a lot of tweaking.

I have reason 4 and have semi worked with it. i dont ever really record audio so thats no issue. It takes no vst's but the synths it has seem to work really good. Also it apparently works well with controllers.

I have the albeton suite 8. i cant figure out the interface so i haven't done a lot with it. i dont see any synths or really anything to make electronic music from midi.

Thats all i have installed now. i have cubase 5 and sonar 8. Also he has pro tools HD and said if i ended up needing it he would give me it but it was more complicated than all the others.

Now if it helps i know my way around in FL but it seems to lack control without vsti's and even with good ones it just doesn't seem right. The sound i go for is of Basshunter's early stuff, Eric Prydz: Pjanoo, and almost all of Air base so hopefully that helps. The keyboard im looking at is an M-Audio Axiom 25 (non pro). if the pro is so much better can i know why? and which DAW do you suggest? I like the workflow of FL but that will change with this keyboard and Reason seems the next best option afaik.

FL Studio and Reason were both designed for techno production. Either is fine. The reason you tracks aren't loud is you haven't mastered them. Google it to find tutorials.

i see thanks for that. I guess the only issue now is the midi keyboard controller. How does reason handle them compared to FL? people seem to have issues with them under FL and reason seems hard to use without one.

Its really what your most comfortable with. People argue all the time between reason and FL. I personally prefer FL not b/c i think its better, only b/c i know my way around it alot better. As for FL midi controller issues, i have had none. Not sure why you think that. and P.S if you like basshunters early stuff, he used FL 5 or 6 to make all that.

Back