Anything Equal to Protools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

madmatt

What are some other apps I can get that are similar to Protools. I'm sure there are others, but I can't find any. I'm sure you guys know something.

madmatt

the software itself (pro tools) is not that amazing, it's the HARDWARE of pro tools that makes it what it is.

there is the REAL pro tools, with a PRO MIX 24 card EXPENSIVE

there is the LE version of pro tools, with the DIGI 001 rack, it is quite cheap (1000 USD)

there is a FREE version of pro tools LE, on http://www.digidesign.com, but again, without th ehardware its not that much better than other multitrack audio recorder with midi sequencing features.

equivalents? Steinberg NUENDO maybe.. same thing, you can have the hardware+sopftware version or simply the software version.

Creamware LUNA II maybe? mmhh

good luck

I just need something that will support multiple tracks. I'm using rebirth to make aif's, but then I have nothing to put them together with.

Does Protools LE run multiple tracks? And do I need all the hardware to do this? Can't I just edit existing aif's?

Ohhh you should use ACID 2.0 then!!

really, ACID does this job really well. you know how you export each pattern as a AIF or WAV from rebirth? you can import all of this into ACID and sequence them together, match beats and bpms and more..

I dont use ACID at all as i dont work with loops, but now that you said this, i tell you, you shoudl definitly go with Acid.

good luck

manoOne- could you explain the difference between the creamware pulsar & luna series if you know?

ive narrowed my choice down to either a creamware, or the complete yamaha DSP factory setup...

given up on protools as i'm not about to downgrade to mac ;)

Honestly Nuendo would take pro tools with one hand tied behinds it back. ! its the ultimate software ! It doesnt require a sepecific hardware to function. U can setup a full dolby 5.1 mix setup witout the speakers and adat for about 5000 $
now thats cool ! includes a p4 with 1 geg for ram
200gb hdd
twin 17inch monitor and the works :)

Concentrate your budget on acoustics, loudspeakers/amps, mics, preamps, and converters first (and in that order, if possible). Almost any software today can do digital audio right. For best results, use the DAW as a tape machine rather than as a plugin processor. If you aim your carefully selected mics in the right direction, you won't need much EQ. Ride/automate the faders for gain adjustment, if you have time, rather than just applying compressors automatically. If you're recording MIDI instruments only - don't. We need humanity to take back the airwaves. ( ;

P's,
_andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back