Another quick ableton question bout sampling???

cwrite

Alright Ive seen the tutorials and all and Im gettin the hang of making synth loops and all but now Im tryint to chop up a sample and am getting stuck. Basically when I import a song Im not getting my warp markers. Instead theyre yellow squares and when I click to move em it moves the whol clip instead. And none of the warp markers are numbered either. I must have a setting wrong or something cause ive seen the tutorials and its not the same???

God this is so frustrating right here....Every video a I see someone just double click on the clip and then there are numbered region marks and they just click and adjust if need be....for some readon I got no warp region markers and theres some yellow un-numbered block every 2 bars or so and when I highlight the yellow boxed marker a double arrow comes up and instead of being able to slide the warp marker the whole clip wave moves????

The whole warping system was changed in Live 8 - sounds like you're looking at videos made for earlier versions. The new system is based on Live automatically detecting the transients and, well, doing most of the hard work for you so you just really need to drag the transients where you want them to be. It IS confusing at first, but I found it much quicker and more intuitive once I got used to it. Reading the manual is the obvious starting place, then just practicing until you get the hang of it.

Back