Akai Are F***ed: NI, Steinberg and Motu All Release Their Own MPC Clones!

Even the name is quite ripped off: "Beat Production Machine".. I'm pretty sure they try to market them to hip-hop beatmakers :D Well, that's obvious.

All three look stupid to me. I'll wait until NAMM to see them in action before I write them off completely.

Wait... Maschine has mpc interface? Is this a joke? :D

Even apple joked around with keyboardless mac laptop while ago

Edit: Naa.. they ain't joke.. I suppose?

Last edited:
the bpm looks like a winner to me the NI VERSION looks more like 50/50 on hardware software tip and looks like it will take sometime to get used to programing it cant really say if thats good or bad

Like the song says "Ain't nothing like the real thing bay beeey" lol.......AKAI RUNS THIS.................

that looks pretty tight but i wonder what the difference is between that and FL's step sequencer along with its editing tools.

Im not knocking it i just dont understand.

A stand alone mpc-like vst would be pretty sick i guess, i wonder what the prices are...

^this guy needs a hug lmao...........what a "Byatch Muv"....lmao..ban this clown please.........lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have to pardon my apparently unsuccesful attept at humor...I just thought that name "Urban Rhythm Instrument" was a not so subtle tageted marketing ploy! LOL

^^ Oh I get where ya coming from...lmao...I thougth you were 1 of them lmao.......peace muziqman....sorry 4 the mis understanding lol

that motu looks like its gunna be the bidness but its all about how them pads feel and react at the end of the day

I'm confused here. This is no more than FXpansion Guru and a midi controller.

same thing, done with a few more bells and whistles.

Nothing to see here.

The moment one of the makes a compact portable hardware box with 37 keys and 16 pads and 17 inch fully graphical color LCD with a pattern sequncer on it and a 40 GIG drive and a bunch of ins and outs, THEN I will be impressed.

How so.......

It takes some of the functionality off of your computer and puts it in the box, so what?

These things will retail for a grand.

The poster above summed it up nicely, these people said to themsleves "gee Bob, how can we make some expensive bait for those black guys making that noise"

Sparrow said:
I'm confused here. This is no more than FXpansion Guru and a midi controller.

same thing, done with a few more bells and whistles.

Nothing to see here.

The moment one of the makes a compact portable hardware box with 37 keys and 16 pads and 17 inch fully graphical color LCD with a pattern sequncer on it and a 40 GIG drive and a bunch of ins and outs, THEN I will be impressed.

I think the point of that Motu was inter grade software into the midi controller but still use a computer as the main source of memory..... the interface is more hands on than the MPD32 thats for sure...

Regardless of whether you think these things will be worth a lick or not, competition keeps prices down.. its a good thing.

And "Urban Rhythm Instrument" comment had me ROLLIN. Priceless.

Back