ASIO Stereo Mix Recording

Wallengard

Manipulator of energy
Hi,

So I'm trying to have a skype session with a friend of mine, and what I want to do is be able to share my screen as well as the audio through skype or something like teamviewer. Bare with me if I'm having a slight problem trying to explain my issue and setup.

At the moment I have it set up so that I'm using my Realtek HD drivers stereo mix as the default device for recording under devices in Windows 8.1. I have a simple usb microphone hooked up to my laptop and input to a channel of it's own in Cubase 7.5.

The way that this is working for me now is that when I use the Realtek HD drivers stereo mix as the recording device in Windows all I get is the sound coming out of my laptop, when I quite obviously want to be able to do this from my Focusrite 2i4 instead of using the Asio4All drivers in Cubase. After a pretty long time googling about the subject I couldn't really find anything that suited my needs as I'd simply like to be able to route my output through skype or any other program like it from my ASIO drivers.

I'd also like to ask if there is any way for me to have my microphone in Cubase monitored so that the stereo output of that is routed along with everything else without me having to hear myself..

So what I'm really asking is for some suggestions of how to actually make use of my audio interface and stream the audio from Cubase a through 3rd party application like skype or teamviewer, and if all of this possible (if there is a way) and if it's not possible with my current setup, what would I need?

Ask if I failed to provide the relevant info or if anything is unclear.

Thanks in advance,
D

Last edited:
maybe you should get yourself a small dj mixer, route the audio of both soundcards into it then route the audio from the mixer back into your recording soundcard. if you know any djs ask them for a loan of an old mixer they may have to try it out before you buy anything

Thanks for the reply! I have been looking into these kind of hardware solutions but frankly I was hoping for a software one.. I don't really want to spend any money or use my space for this thing alone. It's really just something I'd like to do occasionally..

I understand if it's not possible, then I just have to accept that it isn't. But it does seem like a simple enough thing to do.

Thanks again!

Google these...........
1) Steinberg Cubase "VST connect"
2) Asio Multiclient
3) Jack Audio

Last edited:
Thanks again for the tips I'll look into all of those and see if I can't find something suitable. I'll be back to post the results.

Cheers

Back