Yamaha Motif 6

H

harsh jha

Hey... instead of getting a triton LE (after hearing the sounds..they're way too thin) i'm planning on getting motif.

My budget's a bit low, so I'm thinking of getting the motif 6.

Is the motif 6 any good? Give personal opinions about it. Obviously the Motif ES6 is a lot better, but is the motif 6 good for making hip hop beats?

Post your toughts

Harsh

No question about it the motif is excellent. I was originally gonna gt the triton le, but when I found out the motif was on sale, no hesitation.

Im never gonna sell this thing, Now im just waiting for the es to be on sale, or for the release of an ES rack.

I agree on the Triton LE being a bit thin...and even though I like Korg the least out of all companies...you can still make tight music on it, on a Motif 6, or even an old Roland XP-60. Sometimes people overthink purchases and debate on gear forever. Sure you should try before you buy, but sometimes folks should just get to the buy part quicker so they can PRODUCE...with whatever.

YO DEFINATELY COPP THAT MOTIF MAN--THE SOUNDS ON IT ARE SICK--THE DRUMS ARE GRIMEY AND DIRTY U KNOW--DEFINATELY GO FOR THAT...

I once own a motif classic now im up on a motif es 6. There pretty much the same as far as O.S.'s go other than the motif classic has about 85 mb and the es has 185 or something around there. The motif es can have 1gig of ram installed while the classic can only have 64 mb. The motif es has more effects and can also have more insert effects on each track than the motif classic. Unless your getting a motif classic for a good use price any of these guys here will tell you that the motif es is well worth the 400 or 500 dollar difference.

hot trax said:
The motif es has way more sounds.

does it compare to the triton extreme? i have heard any tracks with an extreme yet.

LOL,

The extreme really doesn't contain any new sounds. It's more of a "best of" board with a tube built in. It has a few other features but I never did really **** with korg. I will mention I do have a korg board, but it ain't one of their workstations.

Last edited:
Back