Why is my MicroKorg playing out of tune??

Is it playing out of tune as in "not in tune with my other instruments", or as in "the keys are out of tune in relationship to each other?"

Its not in tune at all with any of my instruments. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt. Its weird. I took it out of the studio one day, and the next it was all wacked out. Im not sure if its the keys either, but as soon as I played it I already knew something was wrong, so I checked the keys in relationship with my triton, and it was all OFF!

HELP!

Are all the patches out of tune, or just some of them? Pitch can be transposed/detuned on a per-patch basis, and you can also change tuning and transposition from the GLOBAL setting. So check those first.

Also, check the pitch bend and mod wheels. The pitch bender is supposed to center itself, but check it anyway in case it's stuck or broken. The mod wheel can modulate pitch depending on the way the patch is programmed, so make sure that's turned all the way down as well.

Is the MK connected via MIDI to any other gear?

you've probably got your mod wheel controlling pitch. as the guy above said, that wheel does not bounce back to the center position

Make sure that you have all of the settings the way they were previous. If you have your mod wheel set that is probably the problem.

Back