why doesnt roland make a 303 special ed.?

R

rhodes1

Are the people at Roland blind?
Can they not see taht every synth junkie wants a tb-303 for him/her self.

How hard could it possibly be to reproduce the 303 with maybe a few more featueres, or not..it dont matter.

Itll deffinetely be a instant cash cow for roland.

Someone should make a petition and if a few thousand people sign it maybe theyll think about it?

Im now sure who the mod is, but maybe you can start one up maybe, for fun and see what happens?

If they did it, they'd have to do it better than Future Retro, and cheaper, too. They'd have to sink money into R&D for MIDI sync, etc. (don't tell me you'd buy a modern 303 without MIDI capability), as well as modern components.

At this point, Roland is more into re-hashing their RS-50 (R&D work already done) and labeling it as a Juno, in an attempt to cash in on past successes.

-Hoax

yeah but it would probly cost an arm and a leg, seeing as in today's synth market actually vco synth (ie STUDIO ELECTRONIC) cost well over a grand...

Also the market is full of 303 clones and emulators, (ie MAM, NOVATION, FUTURERETRO, STUDIO ELECTRONIC'S, SYNTECHNO, DOEPFER'S MS-404, etc, etc...) I agree that the 303 is a gr8 synth and totaly fun ta play with and use in all types of eletronic music, but i think rather than Roland useing past products for new sales i would rather have them continue to make the next and the new soundz...

After all they have given us the 303, hoovers, supersaws, 808's and 909's, And i can't wait to see what they will do next...

BUMP.

I have it on authority that Ladyada had her schooling paid for by their engineering department and did some internship work. They in essence helped her design and release the wildly-popular x0xb0x tb-303 clone.

You guys ever wonder why Roland didn't sue to stop her? It is a direct clone, after all (just with an updated sequencer).

So there you have it: Roland DID rerelease the tb-303.

You have to go pretty deep to find out FP actually had great, informative discussions some years ago, not just the question-answer machine most of it is today (or rather question-ignorantwronganswer-flaming-correctivebutstillwronganswer-flaming-answer...).

Cool bit o' info about the x0xb0x.

yeah, i feel you...its been worst over the past 2 years...i've been on here for quite some time (this is a new user name) and its been bad lately...we need a FP old school revival...FP Renaissance...

krushing said:
You have to go pretty deep to find out FP actually had great, informative discussions some years ago, not just the question-answer machine most of it is today (or rather question-ignorantwronganswer-flaming-correctivebutstillwronganswer-flaming-answer...).

Cool bit o' info about the x0xb0x.

WHUTS DUH CRUNKEST SYNT FOR MUH DIRTY SOUF BEATS, YO!?!? JUNO-D OR MIKROCORG?

"hey, i just got Antares and I need to know the settings for that T-Pain voice...better yet, how do I make my voice sound like Lil' Wayne in Lollipop...thats that heat!"

aka...just copped free Antares to plug-in to my cracked FL...

acidphakist said:
I'm sorry, but what do your racial taunts have to do with the Roland tb-303?

Not a racial taunt, just an honest summary of about half the threads we get on here these days. I.e. someone asking us to compare an apple and an orange in a half legible, completely ungrammatical, manner.

But this thread wasn't even ABOUT that. This thread was about the Roland tb-303 and the x0xb0x.

You just HAD to turn it racial, Array.

acidphakist said:
But this thread wasn't even ABOUT that. This thread was about the Roland tb-303 and the x0xb0x.

You just HAD to turn it racial, Array.

I was just responding to Krushing's sentiment. Sorry if I offended.

Back