What would be a good Set up for Producing House, Hard House, and Remixes

A

Aaron Castal

I would like to produce some house, hard house and remixes, but till now I only have my tts ,mixer and speakers, What do you think would be a good set up for producing this kind of music, I was thinking in a rs 7000, but I would also like to know if its enoug for starting, or would I need something else, you know a synth, In case I do please tell me what would be a good combination, you know maybe a rs and a cs2x or a motif would be better than those things, you know, I really need your help,
thanks in advance for answering..........

The RS7000 is great for starting: it has all in one quality package: sequencer, synthesizer and sampler. Be aware the synth is sample-based, so no virtual analog. But it contains lots of samples of analog instruments, so you'll surely find a lot of good sounds you can tweak.
You can always add a virtual analog synth later.

Hey thanks for the advice Delta, I think I ll just have to wait for that great RS........
See you

I'm getting one too!!!! haha
note: RS 7000 is dance-friendly.... It is also a high-tech equipment. The good thing is, beginners are welcome to use it easily.

But when is it coming out? I'm gonna to rush to US to get it. I'm from Malaysia. Just can't wait.

Akira -I Do It Live-
http://www.nexdna.com

Hey everybody is getting one thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look into the Kurzweil K2VX. It's like a maxed out K2000, they are around 1200-1500 but very very worth it. The sounds are phenomenal.
PEACE

Whoa! the RS7000 is awsome, anyone know what the price for that awesome piece of equipment is going to be?:eek:

what to get

helooo

first of all. Get yourself a good drummachine!
The drum line is the most important thing in electronic music. So forget about any Roland MC 505 crap or Korg ER1 or worse: to use synth/workstation for drummachine. I own a Roland JX 305 groovesynth an let me tell you something: the drums are so shitty, it's like someone is farting next to me! aarrrrggggghhhh.
and at first I thought: what a ql machine. It has it all..
o.k. it has some good synth sounds. but drum sounds have no punch, no depth, no attack, no nothing. I tried everything to meke it better - no - can't do. So get your self a stand alone drummachine - analog if possible.
I'm just buying my self one QM 309 or Xbase09 (haven't decided yet)
As for synth: there's a lot of good synths out there, so you have a lot of choice. But I prefer access virus. Great for house music. Probably the best.
Then get yourself a decent sampler and sequencer and there you go.
If you're looking for an all in one box go for Quasimidi SIRIUS (I hear some good things about it).

Well the RS7000 is an expanded RM1X, which some of us believe is a better sequencer than the MPC's. That's all about how you prefer to make music.
2'ndly, the you have a sampler on the RS7000, so if you think your bassdrum lacks a little umph, then throw in some samples.
It also have a compressor build in, so I can't see really, how you couldn't make killer drumgrooves.

Suprised no ones mentioned the alpha juno synths from roland(these will give you any hard house sound you need, hoovers, pwm/reece bass, pads the lot!) if you want hardware go for one of these(theres also a good VST from refx too!its kick ass!!) (o:

Back