synthesis sound fx competition

the trendsetter

I was thinking it could be interesting to do synthesis effect competition .For those like me who are passionate by synthesis .
Here is the rules ,you got to use only a synth module , no external effect ,if you got effect in your synth you can use it ,you got to give us the synth used and the setting , if its a virtual synth post the fx bank so we can load it ,no time limit (i personally got effect that are forever) you got to post a link to your sound in mp3 so we can all hear it and download it, if you dont have webspace e mail it to me i will put it online for you.
rnuendo@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I think it might be interesting to set some goals for the comp - just doing random effects will probably just end up into very scattered opinions on what's best. Also, it might be cooler to exclude the built-in effects of a synth if you're excluding external effects units - or then include both. If you want to have a synthesis based competition the effects shouldn't be a part of it.

Cool idea, though :)

Last edited:
i think we must include effects and its mor about how impressive it will sound ,its also great to share these fx we create so other can use it .We are still talking about a sythesis sound created usind osc and envelope ,sync ect, not arecorded fx!

I think this is a great idea! Should we give it a theme, like "aggressive" or "evil" or "glass shards", or should we just let it be an open-ended contest?

Another idea... Give a hint about what synth you use, and let people guess. That'd be more added fun!

-Hoax

Maybe we should do it by category (or by theme).
Like e.g. pads/strings/leads/brass/bass/subbass/fx/EP/organ/etc...

And share our synth settings afterwhile, like we did with the supersaw contest.
This will be helpful for everyone, isn't it ?

With what category you'd want to start ?

Edited ROM-samples are no problem - that's obvious - however other samples are not allowed, OK !?

Ok after some reflexion and analysis of reply , i dont think its usefull to do a contest of pads strings ect ,my point is doing IMPRESSIVE sound fx ,no mather witch synthesizer you use .For some category ,i will start with SONIC FREQUENCIES and ACCELERATING/EVOLVING SOUNDS
I think we can post more category as it evolve with the thread.

I will post my first one later on today as an example.

Last edited:
I will post my first one later on today as an example.
And...

?

I need to send my Voyager back to the factory for tuning. Should I do it now, as nobody's answering?

-Hoax

:bigeyes: Those sounds are stunning !!
Imho especially the second one (that kind of drone) is a great creation !!

OMG!
I need help to put my music on the net.

Time to use Yamaha EX5 FDSP efx engine!!!!

ex5.jpg

Hi, all!

Here’s my contribution to the contest!

This is the most funny patch I've ever created.

Happy Digital Monster

Using Virus KC only, tweaking only CUTOFF 1 and CUTOFF 2. Let me know if anyone is interested in the patch. :)

Back