Should I sell my juno 106 for a JP 8000

Primalbeats

Hi everybody, is there anybody here who uses a roland jp 8000?

I'm thinking about selling my juno 106 because for what I've read on the net the jp 8000 seems to have much more different type of sounds and I'm a bit stuck with the juno.
I use only the basses and some other sounds, I recorded some stuf quickly for those who dont know about the 106 :

-

-

So can I have those type of sounds in the JP plus some good leads, strings, fx etc?

Thank you!

Two totally different beasts. Keep the Juno and go in to debt a little for the JP-8000 (better yet, just get the 8080)....and while you're at it, get a better reverb unit.

Usually I'm into vintage analog synths, but the JP-8000/JP-8080 is such a wonderful VA beast that I'd say go for it !!! I have a Juno-60 and a JP-8080 - both are like said hereabove very different synths - but still the JP-80x0 has so much more sonic possibilities, features, and more storage capability. I bet you won't regret the switch, but still if you can try out the JP somewhere, do it before you'd still regret.
Good luck & have fun !!

Btw: the JP-8080 (rack version) offers especially the vocoder feature as a great extra (but misses the keyboard)...

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen the rack version 8080 but it doesnt have the ribbon controller and this little feature seems interesting

You don't need a ribbon controller when you have MIDI....unless you're playing live and need the real time control, but other than that, not worth it.

Back