sequencing the minimoog

E

eoneel

Hi forum, anybody here own a minimoog,
and if so how do you sequence it when you make a beat? Do you just use midi it to a synth workstation or what?

Are you talking about the Minimoog Model D or the Minimoog Voyager ?

Every Minimoog Voyager can be controlled by MIDI; MIDI control can come from a hardware sequencer (or hardware incorporated sequencer like in most workstations) or can come from a software sequencer (then you need an audio card with MIDI outputs or a MIDI interface connected to your PC).
So connect the MIDI Out of your sequencer/workstation/MIDI interface to the MIDI In of your Voyager, and the MIDI Out of the Voyager to the MIDI In of your sequencer/workstation/MIDI interface.

Every vintage Minimoog (aka Model D) was standard built before MIDI was invented; so they do NOT have standard MIDI onboard. However, a lot of these have inbuilt a MIDI retrofit kit (or something similar to that) later, so they can receive the most important MIDI messages (Note On/Off messages and - depending from MIDI kit brand and model - often CutOff Frequency for filtering). If they have a MIDI kit inbuilt, then you can connect the MIDI Out from your sequencer to the MIDI In from the Minimoog MIDI kit. And the inversed way for outgoing messages (if your Minimoog MIDI kit has a MIDI Out).

Some analog sequencers work with CV/Gate messages (instead of MIDI) - but I keep that explanation for an other time (as I suppose you mean sequencing via MIDI).

Hey thanks alot that is a great piece of information that you gave me.
I appreciate it alot.
Yeah, I wan't the voyager, that thing seems to be bad ass.

eoneel said:
Hey thanks alot that is a great piece of information that you gave me.
I appreciate it alot.
Yeah, I wan't the voyager, that thing seems to be bad ass.

Indeed it is... and if you chain 16 together, you get as many voices poly!

:cheers:

No, seriously, get one :)

they have a new synth coming down the pipeline thats in the sub $1500 price range... not sure if thats msrp or street

I think it's 3-30 or 3-31 they anounce it to the world..

I think it's Bob's last peice before his departure.

Back