• other

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Roland JP8000

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • KORG Z1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THM

Maybe this can be interesting for people who want to buy a VA synth, but don't know which one...

Sorry, I forgot the Roland JP-8000; can you please add that one too, Mano ?

Last edited:
Com' on, guys !?

Does no one of you has a VA synth (I don't believe that !) ?

Or does no one has a favourite VA synth ?

Or do you think some men in black will come to kill you if you vote ? :D

PS: ManoOne, pleeeeeeeeeeease put the Roland JP-8000 on the list (maybe they're all JP-8000-lovers :D).

yea the MS2000 blows. Like the JP8000 - some swear by it and some just dis it like the trash it is. I voted 'other' - also in favour of the Z1 - i soooooo badly want one. Looks like the girlfriend doesn't get an expensive ring just yet.

Sorry guys that I forgot to mention the Z1, but I really don't dare to ask Mano once again to add a synth.

Maybe you can ask him ? :D

btw: thanx Mano for adding the JP8000 ! :cool:

Last edited:
seeing as the Clavia Nord Modular was not listed, I cast my vote for “other”...

also, I could only cast a vote for one of the things I own (and have extensive experience with) so my choices would be limited to the Clavia Nord Modular, Waldorf Q and Access Virus b.

well, F***K virtual analog!!!!!:p
it's either real analog or true digital FM or any kind of digital synthesis for me. Why emulating something, when you can't get it done 100% acurate. STUPID!

Hey fishi, I know what "thick" sounds most real analog synths make, but ever tried SupernovaII / Virus ? :eek:

btw: congratulations with your job !! :cheers:

well, F***K virtual analog!!!!!
it's either real analog or true digital FM or any kind of digital synthesis for me. Why emulating something, when you can't get it done 100% acurate. STUPID!
why? more control, multitimbral capability, more polyphony, and availability! I can play one sound at a time out of my juno 106, and 16 out of my Virus. If I were to buy 16 junos (OK, I know it's a little ridiculous, but I'm going somewhere with this) it would cost me way more than the Virus did, and take me way longer to get them all! Plus, there's nothing I can do on the Juno that I can't do (usually better) on the Virus. I admit, there are some old machines (or specific sounds) which can never be emulated properly (303, alpha Juno's hoover), but for your general synth sounds, VAs are where it's at!

I understand the vision of fishi, but in fact I'm rather supporting you, axs !! :hello:

In other words: although I'm really in love with my (real) Roland TB-303 and the Roland Juno106, I think it's worth using the benefits of control, multitimbral capacity, more notes polyphony, etc. like the VA synths have. :o

And when you have the chance to have both of them ( I do !!!! :cool: ), be happy, cause that's the ideal combination...

I quite understand when there are so many digital synths out there that claim to have analog sounding patches but are no where as near as the real thing! but the VA synths made today are there! like it or not.

The idear is not to replace them but to make a VIRTUAL EMULATION of the real thing with todays technology. I quite agree its either Analog of its not but we dont all want the low spec and problems which comes with analog. Iv got a little Roland MC202 and will always keeps it for its original sound and for what it is, but my Virus is what I need to produce my music it what little space I have taking up a 1U Rack..

just my humble opinion

I totally agree about analogs being not so great because of lack of midi, multitimbrality,...
But that's the only thing that's VAs have better.
As far as I have heard, VIRUS is does the best job by emulating analog sound. I've heard SN2 and It sound to plastic and cold, as well as Waldorf, as well as NL.

Sorry, but IMHO even my POLY 800, which is a cheesy 80's synth has more character than SN2 (no ofence). Not to mention Alpha JUNO 1.
They're not multitimbral, they don't have the best midi implementation (especially Poly), but they have the character, that VAs really lack of (they all sound too perfect)

Well, about multitimbrality: There are new analog synths that have more than one midi channel. Think Andromeda, the beautyfull, and one day in my room Minimoog Voyager, Jomox SUNSYN,... But, they're expensive alright.

Well, for me analog please, for someone else it's VA. 100 people, 100 tastes.

PEACE.
;)

I'm out now. Looking for a job to earn for Minimoog, haha.

Back