MPD + 25key midi Or MPK25

Sin Sear

well Im looking to find a midi controller that suits my needs for sampling and for composing so i was thinking about getting an MPD32 and a 25 key midi controller or an MPK25 since it has 12 pads on it. What do you guys think is the best combo. price isn't an issue just wanna know if there are any significant drawbacks to get one or the other.

if ur a sampler like me, i would get a MPD24 and a LPK25.. cheap and awesome.. I got my LPK25 yesterday and i gotta tell you, i wasnt expecting much, but DAMN! That little thing was pure madness! Combine that with a MPD24 and u got what you need..

UNLESS!, ur a pianoplayer.. then i would go for something with more key..

Samples/drums - MPD24
Basslines - LPK25

<33

the LPK 25 will get the job done and its cheaper than the mpd32. But I think it depends really on what mpd you want. My beef wtih the mpd 24 is no note repeat but the mpd 25 has it but my other beef wtih those are the lack of buttons. I like pushing buttons on my controller to do things rather than scrolling with a mouse. Then again you could always just use a keyboard controller and work with that it actually often time makes working with samples a lot easier than working with pads

thanks guys. Ive been looking at the MPD32 and the lpk 25 i like the lpk for composing but for sampling i like that mpc feel so im leaning towards that mpd but still have yet to decide. And another thing do these map easily to protools for control over settings.

Back