Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the MPC really the best to sample on?

Thanks

Is the MPC really the best to sample on?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I always see videos of people chopping their samples up with an mpc or mpd, what makes that way of sampling so special???

Thanks
    Well the MPC is a hardware sampler - the MPD is a MIDI pad controller. With the MPD you will need either a computer w/ a software sampler or a hardware sampler to hook it up to. They both feature pads, which makes them easy to use, assign different sample chops to different pads.

The MPC, besides being a nice all-in-one sampler/sequencer with great pads, doesn't really have any specific features that would make it better than, lets say, a computer + software sampler + the MPD. You could also achieve the same results with a keyboard , but the feel is different.
    Last edited by btownpro; 06-22-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by btownpro View Post
    You could also achieve the same results with a keyboard , but the feel is different.
    How so?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michirican123 View Post
    How so?
    Hitting pads and hitting keys require a slightly different technique and hand position...
    If you f@ck around with the f@ck around, you'll get f@cked around with...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
    Hitting pads and hitting keys require a slightly different technique and hand position...
    I don't know. The way I've seen some people beat the **** out of the pads on the MPC, I'm sure they would do the same on the keyboard.

Thanks
    The pads have very little to do with the sampling in my opinion. They are just a slightly more natural way to program drums. Its interface for sampling is very precise and can be used quickly when one is accustomed to using it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannas View Post
    I don't know. The way I've seen some people beat the **** out of the pads on the MPC, I'm sure they would do the same on the keyboard.

Keys have a smaller surface and a much deeper action then a pad. In other words you can usually play faster with pads and you don't have to be as accurate when you strike...
    If you f@ck around with the f@ck around, you'll get f@cked around with...

Thanks

Thanks
    no it is not the best maybe the most common but not the best. there is no best in music though only whats best for a person.

the mpc maybe has the best sequencer. it is easy to use. you can sample from anywhere. if you want to be a sample based producer and only can buy one peice of gear it maybe the best for you

cons using it to sample cut samples and assign samples is very time consuming even once it is second nature its still a pretty long process when you think about it.
    want people to see you fly in the radar

www.earnyoustar.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michirican123 View Post
    How so?
    you know when you tap your fingers to the beat of a song? you cant do that on a keyboard, the pads just feel more natural to me because i have both a mpc and midi keyboard and i prefer the mpc. you can also control velocity quite well on pads versus keys.

Thread Information