MotifES Noise

drdrevid

Right now I have my MotifES8 connected to my computer via 1/4" mono outs. I'm getting terrible noise. i'm dont know enough about sound engineering to really describe the noise, but it sounds very staticy and theres also a slight hum within the static. this noise is present whether or not the motif is even on. the only time the noise goes away, is when i unplug the audio cables.

i tried searching for a solution on this forum and a guy had a similar problem with the mo6 but he was acting dumb and the problem was never solved.

mome rath said:
noise is a static with hum in the static

i thought id find a helpful solution/suggestion, but instead i find your nonsense reply. i mean if you can help me, that's great and id appreciate it, but not when you post useless replies

and just to clarify this "noise", it gives a sound that sounds like something is turned up too loud. maybe the word for it is "feedback".

mome rath said:
WE NEED A MEDIC
haha. ok. now back to the topic :mad:

Last edited:
i can hear the sound from the motif too. but when i'm not playing a key i can hear the "noise"

Last edited:
drdrevid said:
Right now I have my MotifES8 connected to my computer via 1/4" mono outs. I'm getting terrible noise. i'm dont know enough about sound engineering to really describe the noise, but it sounds very staticy and theres also a slight hum within the static. this noise is present whether or not the motif is even on. the only time the noise goes away, is when i unplug the audio cables.

i tried searching for a solution on this forum and a guy had a similar problem with the mo6 but he was acting dumb and the problem was never solved.
have you tried another set of cables?
is the noise present on the headphones jack too (or just on the outputs)?

this sounds familiar, a same problem i used to have when i connect one of the ports backwards... what soundcard are you running on?

DJAndrewz said:
this sounds familiar, a same problem i used to have when i connect one of the ports backwards... what soundcard are you running on?

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4

You may want to try a different sound card. Do you have the platinum version of the Audigy 4 (the one with the Audigy drive)? If so, can you try hooking up the keyboard via midi and see if you still get that noise? It sounds like you have either a bad connection or you're getting some interference in the line to the connection. Creative cards aren't really that great for recording either. If you have the money, you may want to try a M-Audio or Emu (Creatives pro line) sound card.

try these things and see if they have any effect on the noise.

1.)
disconnect USB or firewire (mlan) cable if present. see if noise persists.

2.)
try a different power socket / board. also try a cable with no earth pin in the plug. see if noise persists.

3.)
try different cables and replug ALL connections.

is the noise just on the main outs or on the aux outs ?

Back