Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Squential Pro 1

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Moog Prodigy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F

flutlicht junky

Time to throw in your expertise in the challenge to help me find a nice old synth for my studio. We have here a fine selection of synths for you to vote on and argue about. Remeber think trance.....think bass..... think hoove!!:D

I voted for the 106 since it's the only one I have and/or have played. The bass is definately mean.

The 106 is the one ive seen mentioned and used the most by people. Im sure it has the sounds that im looking for (nice deep round trancey basses). Has anyone used the alpha juno 2 for trancy riffs and basses as oppossed to hoovers? because that is reasonably priced at the moment.

alpha juno!!

I have Alpha Juno 1, which has the same engine as AJ2, but no aftertouch and smaller keyboard. anyway...

Hoovers are absolutely incredible...no other synth can produce that sound in my opinion.

Basses can be also outstanding. Very hard, rounded, just what you need.

Trancy riffs are a piece of cake, but don't expect it to emulate TB 303, because it just won't. This synth has a really unique, lush, rich, phat sound that gives you lots of potential to create some really fresh stuff. It doesn't have that classic analog sound, but a sound of its own.

I say GET IT!
but try to get the PG 300 programmer. It's a lot easier and more fun.

Peace.

I've never tried the Prodigy...

But the Juno-106 is really cool.. i just love the basslines i played sometime ago :)

The alpha juno is cool too.. but doesn't sound as heavy as the 106 imho.. but it was nicer for trancy portamento-sounds.. and it's very cheap ;) Very good for trance!

The Sequential Pro One... yummy =) .. it's monophonic.. but it's my favorite of theese babes. Read about it and the others at www.vintagesynth.com

The 106 is going to do fat rounded trancey basses isnt it?? I think its got the sawy noises too. The juno 2 is a very good price. It is a bit unusual for trance, more popluar fr hard house but ill think ill get it to add a different sound to my set up. The Pro 1 is the one im most interested in by far. The problem being is that you cant hear them at all before you buy them really (problem 2 is that i dont have a car!! doh!!!) Thanks fishi you basicaly confirmed what i thought they'd be like. The only thig now is to save up for em.

P.s. Do your reckon pro 1 would do scott project style basses???

I've got both the 106 and an Alpha Juno 1. The Alpha is much much fatter! It's not as easy to program, but once you get the hang of it, it's fine. The alpha has more detailed envelopes and FM as well (those are the secrets to the hoover).
alex

Back