How to make sub bass sounds?

M

Maurerpower

Well the topic covers it. Isn't there a synth for this?

Bass or subbass, FOE ? Anyway, you own them both - I think you'll be right. The subbass on my Juno-60 is great indeed, but I remember the SH-101 was good too (but it's a whole while ago I had an SH-101 in my hands :p )...

I prefer the Juno for Sub Bass, and the SH101 for regular bass. I think it has to do with the chorus on the Juno. It just makes it sound more full. I'm sure if I put a chorus pedal on the SH101 it would sound the same.

The best subbasses I get is using the synth filter itself if it has some sort of tracking option (ie, control the filter with the keyboard). Set the ressonance to the max (self-oscilation, gives you a pure sine wave) and control the notes with keyboard. Filter envelope will work as a pitch envelope (nice for the Juno). Just make sure you don´t blow your speakers with the high ressonant sound. You usually have to reduce the output level, but this way you can get really deep smooth subs.

just remembered to mention that you can get powerful kicks this way too. Set a short decay on the filter envelope, and control the "punch" with the env amount.

Back