Does hypercontrol (Axiom Pro) automatically map to Native Instruments Plugins?

SmooveMode

I been all over the net and I cannot find any direct answers. Will the Axiom Pro connect to Native Intrument plugins and Trilian "out of the box" or do I have to use the learn functions on the plugins to make this happen?

Automap 3 (novation) seems to have this functionality and I need to decide what is going to work for me.

its depends on which daw you are using but it does map out to navtive instruments vsts i use mine with battery 3 and sampletank all the time when i'm using logic i have to test it in pro-tools.

its depends on which daw you are using but it does map out to navtive instruments vsts i use mine with battery 3 and sampletank all the time when i'm using logic i have to test it in pro-tools.
Let me know how that turns out? I cannot get any of my native instrument plugins to respond. I thought all I had to do is toggle to the plugin mode and the NI plugins would be automatically mapped. I have no problems controlling the pt8 plugins, just the 3rd party stuff.

---------- Post added 05-16-2010 at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-14-2010 at 03:59 PM ----------

I got tired of not knowing what's up with the Axiom. So, I called M-Audio to get the scoop. I was informed Hypercontrol does not control NI plugins out of the box. There's more. Learn mode does not work that well unless you put hypercontrol in transport mode. This is what they told me and I found it to be true.

Novation is different. The setup is a little more involved, but it gives you more control over plugins without using learn mode. The Novation Remote hardware layout is not as cool to me as the Axiom. I like the Axiom style better. But, My goal is plugins control so I may have to with the Zero or a twenty five. I'm gonna see what I can do with the Kore 2 controller.

battery 3, nexus, omnisphere, hypersonic, edirol orchestral, vanguard

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

actually... just checked and battery doesnt map itself. everything is N/A... all the others work though. maybe its just native instruments?

battery 3, nexus, omnisphere, hypersonic, edirol orchestral, vanguard

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

actually... just checked and battery doesnt map itself. everything is N/A... all the others work though. maybe its just native instruments?

Thanks for the list. I have not been able to get NI stuff to work. But, you mentioned Omnisphere and I have Trillian, which is made by the same people. I could not get that to work either, until I put the Hypercontrol into "transport" mode. Which then disables mixing and some other features.

Can you tell the settings you used to get your axiom to work in Logic and PT8(if you used this too)?

only nexus and vanguard seem to map properly, not even hypersonic works fully... I know you can manually set the values yourself and save it as a new patch, but its up to you. Hopefully theyll release an update so that non pro tools vsts will work properly.

oh and I use cubase by the way.

only nexus and vanguard seem to map properly, not even hypersonic works fully... I know you can manually set the values yourself and save it as a new patch, but its up to you. Hopefully theyll release an update so that non pro tools vsts will work properly.

oh and I use cubase by the way.

That's a bummer. I may have to take back the Axiom and get a Novation. My priority is to vibe with my plugins without using the mouse so much. The PT8 plugins are pretty good, but I want control over my 3rd party stuff. I have been playing around with the Kore controller and of course it works with NI stuff.

I have a VX8 and it controls the DAWs I use, just fine.

---------- Post added 05-21-2010 at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-18-2010 at 01:37 PM ----------

That's a bummer. I may have to take back the Axiom and get a Novation. My priority is to vibe with my plugins without using the mouse so much. The PT8 plugins are pretty good, but I want control over my 3rd party stuff. I have been playing around with the Kore controller and of course it works with NI stuff.

I have a VX8 and it controls the DAWs I use, just fine.

I decided to take back the Axiom Pro and buy a remote MKII. I like the Axiom better, but the Novation remote controls more 3rd party plugins and that's what I need.

i dont like the novation controller, i dont like the feel of the keys on it. i prefer the axiom's mapping better as well.

i dont like the novation controller, i dont like the feel of the keys on it. i prefer the axiom's mapping better as well.

I probably would like the Axiom better if it would map by damn plugins with out having to use the learn function. But, it don't and automap does.

Back