Choosy Chooser

H

huey

hey there groovy producers!

got some sweet n tasty questions for you knowledgable dudes.

went to my local wankership music outlet and had a play with the yamaha rm1x. quite impressed but the wanker kept trying show we all the AAAAAMMMMAZZZIINNGG presets cos they jus blow your mind!!!!! (wanker) but we got rid of him and got a good play out of it anyways!

anyway this is the kind of tool im looking for to make some very funky house chunes and was wondering if any of you funky cats have an opinion on this please - GIVE ME IT!!

AAAALLLLLSO! - are there any other products you cats have that are better or whatever compared to the rm1x?

when i hook it up to the 'puter, whats a good program
to lay down the tracks? basic only cos i'll do all my effects on the hardware.

Is the yamaha that good?? or is there something heaps better (in ruffly the same price range)

YAY ROGER SANCHEZ!!

love huey.:D

Rm1x does the job

The yamaha Rm1x is a good machine in her class, personaly I think the best groovebox a groovebox can be, it may appear confusing in the begining but it performs very well. Of course it has some drawbacks, the outputs for instance, only a stereo pair, not expandable, but the yamaha sound engine is still one of the most "streachable" sound engines in the market, the reason why Yamaha keeps it all their gear range. The Yamaha will be suited for lots of electronic styles and it will make it happen, the sound quality is very good and in the end u will be only missing the outputs and some polyphony. It doesnt have sampler though, but its midi impecable. You can have a look on the roland MCs too.

:) hey there mike

thanks for the reply greatly appreciated :p
just a few questions though

'only a stereo pair, not expandable'
can u give me more details on this, what can't i expand it with? i can hook a sampler up to it right??

'missing the outputs and some polyphony'
whats polyphony?? don't know that term, and what outputs is it missing?

what about the su700:confused:

is that like the rm1x with a built in sampler??
or not as good? but with a sampler?

i think i might get the rm1x and a roland dr202 or 303 sampler

what progrmas should i run with it on my pc??
any suggests??

anythhing else i've missed out on to complete my journey towards making my own individual fat and funky kickin house????

:D :D

thanks mike

anyone else with ideas and suggestions please post your reply

PLEASE :D

huey

right

the rm1x doesnt have expansion boards, this means u cant plugin board to give u more outputs. "Outputs" in this machine is the stereo pair "left/right", many machines have more, like 6 or 8 outputs so that u can process/record each sound individualy.
I think u can go for the rm1x to start and obviously u have a computer so hook it up there with midi. My biggest advice is to buy gear only when u feel like u dominate what u have. Sometimes less is more. A good software is cubase VST.

the su700 is strictly a sampler. The RS7000 on the other hand is an enhanced RM1X with a sampler build in.

polyphony is the number of notes (key events) that can be processed at the same time.

Don't get a 303 along with the RM1X!!!!! it's a groovebox and you have a real fine groovebox build in the RM1X. Also, like the RM1X, it doesn't sample.

Go for a synth or a sampler insted. That's what'll come really handy. If you wan't to produce house with vocals, I say get a sampler.
I recommend Yamaha and Roland samplers befre Akai, cause akai is not as innovative. It's studio standard all over the world and I like to have a more unique sound.

I've personally bought a RS7000 and I have a supernova so I don't need much more. :D ARGH! I can't wait to get the RS7000.

you actually don't have to use a computer with the RM1X. You can make entire choons on it. I prefer it that way. Computers are so unreliable.

Last edited:
yo DJ CHRIS

i'm not going to get the mc303 and an rm1x
OF COURSE!

:p

i meant the sampler which is the sp202 or SP303, and the rm1x!

:confused:
sozy to confuse you

cool??

:D :D :D

huey

QUESTION:

Whatts the comparison with the rs7000 to the RM1x and a ROLAND sp202 or sp303 sampler????

get the RS7000 then.. it has sampler + synth built in, along with a powerful sequencer.. basically you get everything at once. I've heard it is a pretty good machine too.

period! :)

Back