The best Trance - Synth: Help!

OK.
Here's what I bougth:
supernova.jpg

I couldn't find any bigger picture. DAMN!

Afew more good synth

I just wanna add afew more classic synths that were bruttely neglected by some pepole here :)
Since you are using it for live performance why get something which is designed for a studio ?
For example if you can get your hands on atb 303 you can tweak some great patterns for some phat warm analogue sound in your mix and breaks nothin sweeps better then ajuno although its hard to get but you got money to afford a virus you can get one for way way less aprophecy is awesome but it only has pretty much lead sounds another good choice would be aquasimidi rave 309 which i recently sold mine :)gives the internal sequncer abillity has great procussion and great sound orintating with hard trance and rave its also very syncable great for adj just set the tempo of the sequncer to the track you playback in aclub and Kablaoui! instant Electronical warfare if ya wanna be even more of a jammer (or just dont know the tracks BPM :)) just "Tap" it into the machine and itll do the rest oh yea ajupiter could give ya what you need to with really nice strings and pads that are unique for Roland well.... hope that makes it any easier Good luck tell us what happens
Bom,Sly-fi

P.s how do i post apicture here?

Could someone...

Can Someone buy me a Virus Indigo? Thanks!
Just post to this reply, and i'll tell yuo where i live so you can send it to me. Thanks A lot!
Sincerly,
Kubina!
(PLEASE?!.........)

My favorite synth at the moment for trance production is:

...The Access Virus

I have used the Yamaha CS2x, DX-7, Roland JP-8000, and the Nord Lead 2, but my favorite synth for sound quality is the Virus. It seems very popular on this thread as well. For a good example of full on Virus usage in trance, check out my songs: "Metaphase," "Incapacitated," "Gravitate," and "The Alchemist," at:

http://www.mp3.com/hypnotik

i use the virus exclusively besides the drums...

peace,
HypnotiK

Nice.

I like the sounds... in metaphase... but thats the only one i checked out, im sure they're all good... Very good. I love the strings.

haha...

I listened to a quick track i made and then after i listened to yours... I felt like a lame duck. How long have you been making music?

I've only been at it for about 8 months.

hey djcj,
i've been producing trance for about a year, but i do have a musical background so the learning curve wasn't too steep. i still have a long ways to go, but i'm glad you dug my tracks...
peace,
hypnotik

Hey hypnotik have u used the JP 8000, how is it and how does it work. does it sound good, and what about the sound quality and modelling.and where can i find spec of the NORD lead any website. whar about the DX-7, how does it sound to u , have u performed live with the JP 8000, how did it work.

I agree with most of the users here: I have the virus C but I hace the Virus B and Indigo in plugin form. I know some of you will say it's not the same but I'm sorry, it is. I run my soft synths through the best AD converter in the planet though and that makes a big difference. Been doing A/B tests between the indigo and the Virus C because they do have some sounds in common with even the exact same preset name. I also like the Novation Supernova. I only have the first supernova but the engine is the same except the II has more voices and more presets. I also like the Novation KS5 for trance. Also, the Vanguard soft synth is worth it. The nordlead II and III have some usable sounds as well. I personally don't like stuff as the Korg Triton for trance. They're more live keyboards for stuff genre Mariah Carey, Madonna etc. I mean they're more generic good keys and not the best for trance. I has a Quasimidi Sirius which I sold because I felt the Vanguard Softsynth was an adequate replacement and because it's software, it's easier to use and tweak. No power no cables and presets always set when loading song. I also like the Waldorf Microwave XT for trance. Sounds very warm and fat! The Korg Legacy collection, a software package is also very very nice. And very cheap but very usable is the Novation A-station! It costs almost nothing and has very usable trance sounds!

Important for trance are good delays and reverbs. A huge disadvantage of mixing in the box is that the plug-ins cannot live up to their hardware counterparts such as a Lexicon 960 or an AMS-NEVE dmx1580 harmonizer/delay or an Eventide H8000FW. These hardware units can make a big difference in sound although there are trance producers out there that make awesome tracks of which they claim are mixed entirely with plug-ins! Those are the exceptions and real geniuses I feel. But then I imagine, what would thos guys create when given the real stuff!

Try the synths mentioned here, you'll love them. If you're tight on budget I'd say: stick with soft synths. They don't sound worse provided you have a good AD converter (so don't use your regular PCI board but something like cranesong, benchmark, Apogee or if you are rich, Prismsound ADA8 XR).

Cheers
Lawrence

I agree with most of the users here: I have the virus C but I hace the Virus B and Indigo in plugin form. I know some of you will say it's not the same but I'm sorry, it is. I run my soft synths through the best AD converter in the planet though and that makes a big difference.

why would you run your softsynth through an AD convertor (i think you mean DA) at all, except to monitor? it's all digital...

why would you run your softsynth through an AD convertor (i think you mean DA) at all, except to monitor? it's all digital...

Evidently...

Does anybody actually have a clue what synths Martin Roth is using these days? This is to my opinion the best trance producer/remixer on the planet... I love what he does. Thx.

Back