Is my Rm1x broken ??

aldo1987

Help! RM1x keyboard has just gone all weird, when I play a sequence everything is fine, but if I play the small keyboard keys the noise they produce is almost inaudibly quiet and followed half a second later by a weird flanging noise. Has anyone experienced this before ? Is it physically damaged ? I have been messing with settings and stuff but I dont think thats it. Goddamit, just saved up enough to buy either a virus or supernova and my rm1x goes and f**ks up on me.

I don't know how well you know your way around the RM1X, but I think that you might be playing a voice that you have modified.

If you don't have any songs or patterns or settings you want to save you can do a factory reset.

WARNING: All user stored data will be deleted. If the current settings and data are not expendable, create a backup before executing the Factory Reset.

• 1) Press and continue to hold down the [OCT DOWN], [OCT UP] , and [ALL] buttons.

2) Turn ON the the RM1X by pressing the [STANDBY/ON] switch.

3) Release the buttons when 'RM1X' appears in the display. The words 'Factory Set' should appear briefly in the display to indicate that the factory reset procedure has been performed.

thanks a lot mate, will try that tonight and let you know !

brilliant, thats it back to normal now . thanks for the advice !! now I can set about filling it back up with stuff thats worth listening to :D

Last edited:
Back