MV-8000 vs. SP-606

Solomon_Gomez

I have yet to see a video that displays the MV's superiority over the SP-606...

Cats do the EXACT same thing with each...

They chop samples...or autochop...and that's it....

Why pay so much for a MV if the SP-606 can do they exact same shyt???

It looks like nobody REALLY knows how to use the MV!!!

what the hell? this is some really stupid comparison.

a honda monkey vs. tank

Last edited:
Dude, go jump off a bridge and make it easy on yourself

Solomon_Gomez said:
I have yet to see a video that displays the MV's superiority over the SP-606...

Cats do the EXACT same thing with each...

They chop samples...or autochop...and that's it....

Why pay so much for a MV if the SP-606 can do they exact same shyt???

It looks like nobody REALLY knows how to use the MV!!!

I dont wanna call you a dumb a$$ but your makin it hard for me not to dumb a$$.............

Actually gomez, you should do a comparison of the MV to the sp-404, the 606 is just way too powerful compared something weak and cheap like the MV.

lvngdead said:
Actually gomez, you should do a comparison of the MV to the sp-404, the 606 is just way too powerful compared something weak and cheap like the MV.

when you leavin.......:rolleyes:

Don't listen to this paul_who people. He prolly thinks the MV 8000 is better than the Roland MS-1. We all know how powerful the MS-1 is compared to the 8000. Pshh, paul_who knows nothing.

lvngdead said:
Don't listen to this paul_who people. He prolly thinks the MV 8000 is better than the Roland MS-1. We all know how powerful the MS-1 is compared to the 8000. Pshh, paul_who knows nothing.

ayo dead man walkin you need help fa real lol............
all that hate you got for a machine.
its not mv's fault that your music doesnt sound like you want it to.
i know you love your DR.RHYTHM but damn son stop all the hate cuz i dont wanna use one.

I can feel the love on this thread...lol

I hear what your saying tho. Why pay all that money for the MV if your just gonna use it to do the same stuff you can do with features the 606 gives you. Good question. Thats why I stick to my SP555 and 404 :) The MV8k is obviously a more feature packed machine but most people who buy it dont really use it to its full potential.

Reality check!

You SP 606 and 404 dudes are living in the dark. The MV8000 is in a whole other class. And I'm an MPC guy. You wouldn't be asking whats the difference if you yourself didn't think it had the upperhand. Dive off that deep end homie! Cop one and find out.

I hate threads like this, anyone can know how to use it, but people use it for different things

I don't know what the hell you guys are talkin' about. Anyone with half a brain knows that even a 202 is more powerful than the 8000. Can you run the 8000 on batteries?? NOOO!!!!

You cats need to go back to sampling school. Sucka mcs, wasting my time trynna tell me the 8000 is powerful.

BTW, I'm an 8000 owner, so I'm obviously being sarcastic. retards.

no need for insults and being sarcastic...The MV is a beast but not everyone need all the features that it offers but then again there's no need to bash it.

I am not COMPARING the units...

all I am saying is that I HAVE YET TO SEE A VIDEO DO THE MV'z ANY JUSTICE!!!

PEOPLE...focus on the word "VIDEO"!!!

Obviously you have YET to see any of Roland's official product demos than either:p

youngjboy said:
Obviously you have YET to see any of Roland's official product demos than either:p

good lord who hasn't? and if that's not enough to keep someone from buying the MV then i don't know what is. :rolleyes:

don't have an MV and never used one, they look tight as heah but i think that they are a bit overkill to be honest. actually i have never seen a video of either that made me sense greatness but so what, i love roland products and i'd slap on either one of them. here's a question, how good is the pitch shift on an MV; is it as good as a VP9000 or V-synth?

"and if that's not enough to keep someone from buying the MV then i don't know what is."

Classic comedy...

Nobody has stepped up with the MVz...

it's like buying a jetpack...like jorge jetson...but not knowing how to get it working!!!

i feel like MV owners just got jetpacks sitting in their labs...

This is how it's done.

First you save up money for the MV. You take a few hours or days to determine the opportunity costs (do you really need the item? if you buy the item, what other things can you not buy? are these things more or less important than the MV)

So if you've decided you wanna buy the MV, get a used one off of ebay for around $1000 including shipping.

Take 2-4 months to learn the unit, go to the manual if you need help, but learn it hands-on first.

Hopefully then you'll see that the machine is worth every penny that you paid for it. Trust me, when your ass can't get any inspiration on your 606 or even an MPC one day, you're gonna be happy you have that seperate drum machine/sampler/sequencer to mess around with.

Back