MPC60 s950 set up...

bkdigz

I know where the midi cables go and all dat..I happen to have them but I need a walk through on how to set it up without a mixer. Just a record player running into the s950 for now. I currently run my record player straight to the mpc record in and do me from there but now I want the mpc to slave the s950. I just need to know how to get set minus a mixer..Good looks in advance.

I'm confused what are you asking?
Are you trying to hook the turntable up to the s950 without a mixer? For full effect(bass) you need a riaa preamp, like a dj mixer. Wothout, Get Y-adapter for RCA, 2male and 1female connect it to a rca to 1/4 cable. connect it to the line input. You might have to connect it to the mic input if you don't have a preamp
All you need is a Y-adapter and a cable, cheap.

d.Wells

Aiight I got that but where does the 950 need to be hooked up to? The same receiver as the mpc60? I have the reciever and mpc via stero outs on back of the mpc? Where would I put the lines on the back of the 950, left and right? And if this is so can I hook up the record player to the reciver instean and still sample in to both the 60 and 950? I know this semms simple to yall but when it come to technical **** Im lost...once Im hooked up Im good to go..Thanks again in advance..

the s950 is mono. So get a Y-adapter to 'bounce' stereo to mono.
What reciever? A home stereo?
To sample in the s950 you got to use the 1/4 inch in the front. the only thing You need to connect to on the back is the mix output. Use the other outputs as you progress.

are you planning to use the s950 as the sampler, and the MPC60 as the sequencer? if so, then you connect the turntable through the pre-amp to the s950 and then you connect the s950 to the MPC60, you record your samples into the s950, do any maniuplations, then throw into the MPC60, maybe chop it up and put it into seperate pads, and then play out your song

Back