Mpc renaissance music production controller

did anybody bother to even read the info!....? it is powered by the computer, and sequenced on the computer. it can be run standalone or as a plugin. it also supports plugins, vst, Au, rtas....mac and pc compatible

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

if you really love music, or you feel like you're in a rut for whatever reason, and you're feeling uninspired, get an mpc and it will change all of that.

them and sennheiser need to hook your boy up with the sponsorship or some sort.

i swear by the hd280's and mpc's.

1000's and 2500 are the future. direct recording might be one of the single best features ever incorporated to the mpc ever. absolute genius.

thank god for the folks at akai and roger linn.
i love the mpc's but there not logical for everyone, depending on the individual. I wouldnt say there the future tho. With products like maschine and now the new Mpc, things will only get better. technology is always changing and growing. The MPC are built tough tho, and dont see them being out of date any time soon, probly never. You got people still using the mpc60

Last edited:
More anxious about the MPC Fly. It would be dope if it is a dock for the ipad2 with an audio interface, midi in/outs, Pads, and better software.........and vintage mode.

I want to see what the price is. As a 2500 owner, i always wanted MPC's to have a VGA out like an MV where i could cut time down on some tasks by dragging and dropping, point and click, etc. I didn't want a straight all software experience though. This seems like their answer to Maschine and i personally would rather go with this if it is the same price or close. I like Maschine, but the prefer linear sequencing. I can do loops and be okay, but the whole scene thing on Maschine was cool, but not my real preference. I do like the Maschine integration however, but this seems more up my alley. I WANT IT:p

i made beats for about five years on fruity loops with no midi controller. i got a motif es and my use of fruity loops went down substantially. i damn near mastered fruity loops (or at least could get it to do damn near whatever i wanted to) and the shit got so boring pointing and clicking. music was not meant to be point and clicked.

i remembered how envious (in a good way...like daaaaamn i want one of these sooooo bad) i felt whenever i'd be making beats with homies at other studios and they had mpc's. its indescribable. these midi controllers are disposable just like most of the music, because it's not personal. a lot of its stale. don't get me wrong, some people really can take software and this midi shit and make some dope shit, but for the most part. nahhhh.

i only got a job to get an mpc and to get equipment to build my studio. i lucked up and found an mpc for the super low low on craigslist, and it's been the absolute best cash i've ever spent on equipment.

mpc's are god's gift to hip hop and music production in general. the mpc feel is not a myth. its the way you get to put your true touch into it. you don't have to believe me, but i really wish these kids comin up would get sick of sitting behind computer screens and behind the mpc pads.

mpc's are so dope. i really can't tell you how good they are. honestly i felt like my beats were about a 4 or 5 and since i've got my mpc i'm at about a 7 or 8. i've only had mine since august and i've made so many beats its ridiculous.

hopefully this new one's cheaper, but even it isn't, i'm so happy thankful and blessed that i've got my mpc 2500 WITH THE JJOS! them niggas knew what they were doing.

i haven't even learned how to really mix in the box, or utilize compression, i think that's when i'll start knockin on the door of 8.5 to 9.

my dream is to be a 20 like jimi hendrix, michael jackson, marvin gaye, timbaland (early to mid 90's) bill withers and folks like that.

if you really love music, or you feel like you're in a rut for whatever reason, and you're feeling uninspired, get an mpc and it will change all of that.

them and sennheiser need to hook your boy up with the sponsorship or some sort.

i swear by the hd280's and mpc's.

1000's and 2500 are the future. direct recording might be one of the single best features ever incorporated to the mpc ever. absolute genius.

thank god for the folks at akai and roger linn.

Well I started out like you pointing and clicking in FL. However, instead of getting the MPC, I got the MPD pads, an emu keyboard and a Motif ES rack and sequenced everything from FL. Definitely made a big difference. As for these days, anybody that wants the MPC workflow and wants to work away from the computer, get an Ipad 2 and the Beatmaker 2 or Nanostudio app. having a touch screen and getting that hands on feel changing knobs and editing samples is a breeze!

yeah that's whats up. i guess im just an analog head. because i know about the difference between analog and digital.

if the majority of people doing music are doing it using software because its cheap and affordable, that's understandable, but the music is taking a hit because of it.

software/digital is binary code. 1's and 0's attempting to emulate what hardware actually does. the old school circuitry, and wiring all contributed to the coloring of the sound. that stuff is taken for granted and down played because there are "bit crushers" and "tape saturation" emulations that attempt to essentially "1 and 0" what hardware physically affected.

i can tell you from genuine experience that when i would use filters on fruity loops i could kinda get that sound, but it felt gray or charcoalish. my beats sounded gray, like they were faded when i was attempting to get the sound that the sample filtering masters like dilla, pete rock, etc. got through running shit through their mpcs and outboard gear.

whereas mine sounded alright, they missed that thickness. that oil on canvas, feel in comparison to doing a charcoal thing. using charcoal is dope and you can make some dope art, but my desire was to get the color and feel of oil on canvas.

computers are kinda gray and charcoalish whereas hardware is colorful like oils and pastels.

does that even make sense?

Last edited:
theyre as digital as your computer. both an mpc and a computer have analog sound outputs, but all the processing is done digitally.

just curious, the thing i love about the MPC vs using ableton/logic and my MPK is the sampling on the fly ability instead of having to dig through the waveform of an entire song. will this have the same ability? otherwise, I'll just continue to use the MPC to sample (also fantastic for drum midi) and the MPK to control ableton/logic when I use that...

I wonder if there going to go with a 500-650 price range to compete with maschine but since its akai i highly doubt the price will be that low.

Looking at the commercial again, it appears that this can be used totally standalone as hardware, with 2 midi ins, and 4 midi outs. I think that the software inclusion makes it go at Maschine, but honestly i think this is more like a Roland MV 8000/8800. Either way, this seems like what i been wanting in a MPC!

dude are you for real? did you think there were small tape machines inside the mpc60?

Pretty much the only analog sampler that exists is the Mellotron (which indeed has "small tape machines" in it). Everything else is very much digital.

Looking at the commercial again, it appears that this can be used totally standalone as hardware, with 2 midi ins, and 4 midi outs. I think that the software inclusion makes it go at Maschine, but honestly i think this is more like a Roland MV 8000/8800. Either way, this seems like what i been wanting in a MPC!

Its been cofirmed by Akai that is not a standalone hardware, its a controller just like mashine with a built in soundcard thats why you see those inputs/outputs.

Reading all the above posts seems to me that big % of beatmakers have no clue of what they are talking about

look up akaipro on twitter if you want to know the latest news on this

I think it's another glorified controller. I paused the video many times to see its own seperate electrical source and it appears to just have a USB port.

I'd buy maschine over better looks alone. Yes I said it. **** an MPC, maschine has everything that I need that I don't already have (nice drum pads, dope drum samples, great workflow)

cant be used as standalone, it was one of the biggest advantages of the mpc

"MPC Software

64-track sequencing capability
Massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds of the classic MPC3000
Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins
Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program or VST plug-in
Runs standalone and as VST, AU or RTAS plug-in
Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
Mac and PC-compatible"

Back