MPC-60 with ASR-10?

ianscott111

Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a hardware sequencer, as I'm trying to get away from the computer overall. I've been thinking about the MPC-60 to sequence my ASR-10 and was wondering whether this would be a good setup? Would the MPC-60 be a good sequencer in this case? Also, would it be a good sequencer for the Nord Modular?

Why are you considering the MPC-60?Because of it's price?If your looking in that price range for JUST a sequencer, I'd look at the MPC 1000.If you have a little more money to spend and want more features,I'd get the MPC 4000.

I have had this setup in the past and makes for a great combo. I had a 12 bit sampler, as well as, a 16 bit sampler. I mainly used the 60 for sequencing, with the Roger Linn 3.10 upgrade.

@ DJ Alonzo - I don't want to spend the money on an MPC-1000 because I'm trying to get away from the computer. Even though I'd like to use the MPC for primarily sampling, I want to be able to use all of its features without going to the computer - I've already got Logic Audio for when I do want to use the computer. I also don't want to spend that much money, so an MPC-4000 is kind of out of the question.

The mpc60 is very good sequencer, you can't go wrong especiallt w/ the asr-10. i have heard many of ppl using this team, and have very pleased. These machines have around for over 20yrs. ppl nowdays still lust after them. one quality. i myself am tryin to not my pc as much, bit i do own an mpc1k, but hopefully in a few months i can cop an sp1200.

Back