MPC 2000xl - Voice Overlay/Mute Assign - Sample Cutoff - Question

S

Slow_Down

Ok, so ive had the MP for about a week, not new to beatmaking though, and i learned alot from the manual and other MP users... One thing i find confusing is this Voice Overlap/Mute Assign... I want all the pads to cut each other off when player... I got all the pads set to MONO, originally was set to POLY, so the same pad can cut itself... Now here is where i cant get it... I go to Voice Overlap, Hit OPEN WINDOW and enter mute assign. I have 16 pads and all i want ALL off them to cut each other off BUT Mute Assign only lets me add 2 notes/pad for each note/pad param. How can i set this up? Am i missing something obvious? Thanks.

The 2000XL doesn't have a function to do what you want to do, I searched it for days and found out (here on FP) that its not possible and the best way to do it is to figure out your pattern then set up Mute Assigns based on your pattern. Not sure if the 4000 had this feature, but everything from the 1000 up has it (not sure about the 500 though).

The 2000XL doesn't have a function to do what you want to do, I searched it for days and found out (here on FP) that its not possible and the best way to do it is to figure out your pattern then set up Mute Assigns based on your pattern. Not sure if the 4000 had this feature, but everything from the 1000 up has it (not sure about the 500 though).

True

On the 1000-5000 its simple though, make a program with all the samples you want to mute each other,then put the program playback to Mono .

On the xl you are limited to making a few mute groups and putting all the sample pads playbacks to mono.

Back