Mpc 2000xl problem

Cyfe

i just got an mpc2000xl and im having some trouble. ok so i wanna load some drums on it. it has a floppy drive right now and i put some drums on to a floppy disk and it reads the disk but not the files.

so can someone please tell me how to get drums onto the mpc 2000xl(other then sampling breaks please)

First off in what format were the drums saved in? you have to format the disk before saving any data . I also would strongly suggest you invest in zip drive !!

The MPC2000XL only recognizes WAV files and Sound files. Also, it won't read any WAV file higher than 16 bits.

Last edited:
Kavie said:
The MPC2000XL only recognizes WAV files and Sound files. Also, it won't read any WAV file higher than 16 bits.

That's not entirely true akai saves in a native format call .snd and if you dont specify .wav or .snd while saving to a medium it will save in it's native format

nogames said:
That's not entirely true akai saves in a native format call .snd and if you dont specify .wav or .snd while saving to a medium it will save in it's native format

.snd= sound file... Thats what Kavie was talking about.

If you transfer the drums onto the disk from a pc the problem is that this disk isn't formated for the mpc. A disk formatted for a pc won't read in mpc and vice versa unless you have mpc editor

Pase said:
If you transfer the drums onto the disk from a pc the problem is that this disk isn't formated for the mpc. A disk formatted for a pc won't read in mpc and vice versa unless you have mpc editor
I haven't used a floppy on my MPC in a while now, but I don't think that is absolutely true; I think I've used PC formatted floppies on the MPC with no reading problems. But it is always good to format it through the MPC just in case something like that does happen.

Pase said:

That's incorrect. MPC's will only read MPC formatted discs, but PC's will read both. Why would you need MPC Editor? That program isn't even developed by akai.

no mpc's will read disks formated in fat or fat16 on a pc infact this is the best way to format disks if you plan on transferring files from mpc to pc and back. if you can't load the files off the disk and the are either 16 bit wav or .snd then the problem maybe a corrupted disk. (did you leave it near a magnet such as a speaker???)

Back