MPC 2000XL: how to stop a sample midway

i recorded a sample into my MPC and assigned it to a pad and playback works fine.. but since its a pretty long sample, i need to be able to stop it midway when i am editing.

is it possible to set it so that when i hit the pad for the second time it stops?

or a way to turn off the one-shot function?

is it possible to set it so that when i hit the pad for the second time it stops?
No.

I'm not sure what you want. Are you trying to only play a partion of the sample, or are you looking for a way to stop the sample from playing after you've stopped the track?

Set overlap to note off. That way the sample plays only as long as you hold down the pad.

Or You could assign another pad to mute off the pad with your sample. (program -> empty pad's overlap-> open window -> hit the pad that got the sample assigned to it)

I'm helping him learn to teach himself. There's a part in the manual that specifically tells you how to do this. I just got a 2000XL a few months ago but I read the manual and I am trying to figure out how to do everything on my own.

I'm helping him learn to teach himself. There's a part in the manual that specifically tells you how to do this. I just got a 2000XL a few months ago but I read the manual and I am trying to figure out how to do everything on my own.

Trust me man helping people will make you feel much better then snapping on them about reading the manual.
You have a XL why didn`t you just answer the question?

You know some,if not most people have trouble learning froma manual.
Most learn by seeing it done.
Musicians are visual creatures.

cosign iron beat chef... and to the thread starter. Why don't you just chop the sample up! Sounds like the best cure to your problem

Back