MPC 1000 Best Setup...

Skillz is always nice to have.

:D J/p Good software, tunrtable, keyboard and/or soundmodule midi controller

gballin123 said:
Skillz is always nice to have

Yeah i just went and bougt some from Sam ash, it works like a charm i bought the just blaze set, i'mm gettin rick rubin nex week that should be the shiznet.

But really any place you can get sounds from would help, all i have is a turn table right now ( i have an ensoniq eps but i dont use it) and my beats just get better and better

G Unit325 said:
What is the best setup to have for your MPC 1000?

What the most simplest but, efficent?

A midi controller (keyboard) is a good thing to get if you want to play the keys and sequence external MIDI modules.

If you are confortable with the pads you can go without a controller and still get a sound module to have the basic instruments: pianos, rhodes, strings, some basic drum kits, bass, etc. Personally I do not use modules any more and am instead loading specific instruments into an EMU E5000 Ultra rack sampler. I sometimes use the EMU for sampling too, but the MPC is much quicker for drums and phrases. The EMU's power is in KEYGROUPS based instruments - those are 2 very different concepts with their own workflows.

Essentially your MPC1000 + a sound module like a triton or motif rack or roland XV-3080 or XV-5050 gives you what you need to sequence music with or without samples. The MPC1000 is a nice MIDI sequencer beside the sampling features.

If you are into designing your own sounds from scratch and need synthesizers in your work, I suggest you look into getting a synthesizer. People say great things about the Alesis ION. There are great synths on the used market also, such as the Virus A and B, Nord Lead 2, etc. Synthesizers do not give you "Realistic" sounds, they are what you use to craft electronic sounds with a lot of ease and power. Personally I use a 30 year old Moog Micromoog which is all analog. I love the raw sound and simplicity.

If you get more equipment, you should think about getting a mixer too. There are very affordable ones on the used market if your budget is limited. Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO is nice I had one of those a few years ago. This will let you EQ and mix all your channels coming from the MPC (6 outputs) and other modules or synths you have.

I hope this helps, good luck with everything.

-mano

my set up
mpc 1000 maxed out
roland jv-880
roland mc-303
korg toneworks
motu 828
motu micro express
edirol ua-5
bluetube stereo preamp
shure beta 58 and 57
studio projects 1" condenser
technics SL1200 turntable and mixer
carver PM-300 amp and event's
mac G4 laptop maxed out
athlon 64 3200
novation remote 25
keystation 49
casio sk-1 sampling keyboard
bass guitar
electric guitar
acoustic guitar
cry baby wah pedal

only use the mac for tracking in and effects

Last edited:
Thats an extremely vague question. The best setup is what your most comfortable with when it comes to making music.

Nothing is better than using hardware and software together..

my setup-

Mpc 1000
Steinberg's V-stack
Trilogy
Hypersonic
vangaurd

i suggest copping a fantom rack and a midi keyboard with it. that way you have a sampler that will make up for what the mpc 1000 lacks and youll have a ton of great sounds at your disposal thats expandable.

"How Would I set up The Mpc1000 A motif rack wit a midi keyboard to a track recorder?"

Well Im Glad to hear about all the Equipment you guys use...

But that really wasnt wat i was askin..lol

I wanted to kno how to setup my MPC to the trackrecorder in order to have them track by track controled By my MPC

Hey everyone wassup. I just joined the forum, and man I sure have some questions about my MPC 1000. At the moment for my studio, all I have is my MPC, that's it, but I am building. I'm suppose to be getting an old Stanton or Numark turntable, with an unpowered mixer and two small studio monitors. I'm not gonna get a keyboard cause I don't play it at all. Is this a good setup for a rookie like me?

Oh, almost forgot I'm also gonna be using FL Studio for my laptop. Stupid question, I know and I'm terribly sorry, but would FL Studio be good sound module? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Hey everyone wassup. I just joined the forum, and man I sure have some questions about my MPC 1000. At the moment for my studio, all I have is my MPC, that's it, but I am building. I'm suppose to be getting an old Stanton or Numark turntable, with an unpowered mixer and two small studio monitors. I'm not gonna get a keyboard cause I don't play it at all. Is this a good setup for a rookie like me?

Oh, almost forgot I'm also gonna be using FL Studio for my laptop. Stupid question, I know and I'm terribly sorry, but would FL Studio be good sound module? Any opinions would be appreciated.

I think your going to also need a phono preamp for your turntables or an external DJ mixer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm going to go for a similar setup soon. I just bought an MPC 1000, already have KRK monitors and that Numark TT-USB. I'm thinking of getting some sort of unpowered mixer. I'm pretty sure the Numark has a built in amp so I don't think I will need an external mixer.

Back