Microkorg with sp303?

Fuse

So i'm using an sp303 at the mo all on its own. I really want to start adding my own basslines and melodies to my tracks and I've heard a lot of good things said about the microkorg. What I'm wondering is - is it possible to connect the korg to my 303 and then play and record a bassline and have it saved as a sample on my 303 to use in a pattern?
I'm guessing I'd just use the RCA audio in/outs on both pieces of equipment and not the midi, correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if you have any advice on a better idea...

Peace

Fuse said:
So i'm using an sp303 at the mo all on its own. I really want to start adding my own basslines and melodies to my tracks and I've heard a lot of good things said about the microkorg. What I'm wondering is - is it possible to connect the korg to my 303 and then play and record a bassline and have it saved as a sample on my 303 to use in a pattern?
I'm guessing I'd just use the RCA audio in/outs on both pieces of equipment and not the midi, correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if you have any advice on a better idea...

Peace

You can definitely do this without a problem.

Intelx

yup im already sampling synth sounds from my yamaha connected to RCA in. midi is just for trigerring samples.

one thing you might want to know is that the 303 can't play back a pattern while it's sampling. so you'd have to record everything separately and then put it all together in the 303. you just have to be careful that everything matches up timing wise.

With regards to the last post ^^^ Does anyone just sample each individual synth sound and then play the melody on the sampler rather than sampling your entire melody straight from your synth?

yes; you get a different sound that way. I sometimes use BOTH - the original melody, recorded straight, and the sampler version (with fx).

Put 'em together and you have a bigger keyline, with cool natural phasing (I'm big fan of natural phasing though...you may not like it)

give it a go, it's always worth the experiment!

I also use both, sometimes it is easier to record like 2-4 piano notes and then play them back on SP, but sometimes it is easier to record them into SYNTH sequencer and play them again when sampling is on the SP.

Back