HELP!!! Compact Flash + MPC2000xl

Big J Beats

Big J. Beats
So my MPC2000xl has a multi card reader for memory storage and as of late i been using an SD card to store my beats and drums... well today i got a 4GB compact flash card cause the SD is about out of space. when i got home and inserted it, the MPC didn't recognize it. i thought to myself that i need to format the card... i hit format and it froze up my MPC... not cool, so then i put the compact flash card in my laptop and did a FAT32, FAT and a Quick format all 3 were still giving me the same results, so i need to know how to format this card and or if its even possible, i would hate for the 4GB card to go to waste since i really cant take it back to work if you know what i mean... hope someone can help

Thanks
Big J. Beat

u should of took all the beats out of ur old flash card and just stored the sessions on ur laptop would have saved money and time

as for the 4gb it might be the card reader some dont read cards that have more then 1 gig

The 2k XL can read cards larger than 1GB, it's just that it only uses partitions no larger then that. If you insert a larger medium the MPC will only utilize the first 1GB of it.

Depending on what brand or make your card reader is, it will be more picky about certain brands of cards. This is most likely your problem.

The 2000XL can read Fat16 formatted disks, how ever to properly format and partition a flash card you need special software.

Back