Fantom X6

S

Shocky

I'm a master at operating the fantom X6 anybody have questiones just post a thread about the fantom X6 or email me.

Okay playa, lets put you to the test... How do you make your own rhythm kit with all your favorite drum kits on it and have it come up when you turn it on... I have a X7 and what im trying to do is, you know how you can go to say the "Limiter Kit" and go through 61 kits (76 for me) and assign what sounds you like to the pads. Well I want to have 76 choices of the kits I like and have the ability to pick which ones I want to use at that time...

i wold also like to know this and do i have to load each aiff single drum hit in one by one or can i just make a folder on the computer and dump it directly in the fantom and have it come up in the rhythm section as my personal drum kit instead of loading and assigning each sample.

Damn... I must of got him with this one, I just bought some drum kits from Bangin' Beats and I want them in there own rhythm kit so I dont have to load them every single time I turn on the keyboard...

Mr Layz said:
Damn... I must of got him with this one, I just bought some drum kits from Bangin' Beats and I want them in there own rhythm kit so I dont have to load them every single time I turn on the keyboard...

yep this would be great i got lots of kits and its a pain in the ass to one by one them.

I am about to get the X8 to replace my X6. Since its pretty much the same, I should be up and running in no time, but I will hit you up if I run into any snags ;)

jahrome said:
I am about to get the X8 to replace my X6. Since its pretty much the same, I should be up and running in no time, but I will hit you up if I run into any snags ;)

I took your advice (and my own) and sold the ASR-10 for a Fantom XR. I already got the 4000 & don't need TWO dedicated samplers although I'd rather have the ASR's sampler, filters & effects. I love mpc's more than anything, can't do without it. I'd litterally NEVER run out of sounds putting 6 SRX's in the fantom, I'd just edit them like crazy & re-use em.

I'm gonna help ya'll out since the Fantom Xpert vanished...

Quick run through on one way to do this(could be other ways of course)

Import samples from PC:
1)Put the X in storage mode

2)Choose whether your using pc card or internal memory.

3)On your PC, Navigate to the /tmp/audio_import folder.

4)Drag all the samples you want for the kit from your PC to this folder (providing you have enough sample ram)

5)Exit PC mode from the PC FIRST (click the 'safely remove harware' icon in the taskbar)when its finished, press 'Patch' on the X to go to the Patch screen

Import samples to sample ram:
7)Press "save/load", then press F8 "import audio"
8)Select Navigate to the tmp/audio_import you saved those files above. (select user or card mem)
9)Press F5 to "mark set" each file you want. If you want to select all the files (or the majority) press Shift then F5 "mark set all"
10)Press F8 "import audio"

Create Rhythm kit:
You should now be in the sample list window. Scroll up to the top (so you dont miss any samples if you had gaps in the list)
11)Press F5 to "mark set" each sample(individually!) with status "New" (Shift F5 "mark set all" works here too, but you might select some wrong samples)
12)Press F7 "load" then F4"create rhythm"
13)Select Pad part
14)Press F8 twice
15)Kit created, press exit

Save samples/Reassign pads (optional):
16)Press "pad settings" if you want to reassign the samples on the pads. Otherwise:
17)Press "write" then F2 "patch/rhythm'
18)Name your kit, then 'enter'
19)Now if you dont have a pc card, you will have to overwrite one of the preloaded user rhythms to store yours. Pick a choice, save kit.
20)Now save the actual samples:
Press save/load, then "save all samples"

-Done-

You can choose your new kit like a regular preloaded kit.

Last edited:
Almost forgot, you no longer need the files in the /tmp/import_audio folder so you can delete them. This is card/user memory. This has nothing to do with sample memory.

Do this from by pressing >Menu>File utility or next time your in PC mode you can just erase the files in that folder from your PC. I think its safer to do it from the Fantom though.

ok i did this is there any way i can lets sar get the cymbal sample to play w out having to hold it down till it ends u know what i mean?

Wack_Pack said:
ok i did this is there any way i can lets sar get the cymbal sample to play w out having to hold it down till it ends u know what i mean?

1)Press: >patch edit>F4(TVA ENV)
2)Tap the note you want to edit on the keys or pad.
3)Scroll over to "R" for release and increase this number. 127 will play entire sample.

You can tap other notes to adjust their ADSR parameters.

Once you edit the rhythm kit, you have to press "write>patch rhythm" again to save it.

sorry i didn't get back to any replies. I got tied up with some other issues. But once again my offer still stands. I am a fantom king and if anyone wants to test me about anything, I mean anything then I'm up for the grabs. and thats real talk. So whoeever has questions, hit me up and let me know. Haters don't be madd please because I know more than u. Also if anone want to know about the br-900,1200,1600, or the roland dm-10 monitors and the dm-30s, or the ds-90a let me know something. Any sample questions let me know as well.

shocky8718@yahoo.com

mr layz. Yeah i heard your beats on soundclick. They was koo. but still you gotz to hear what i do with the fantom. Man you'll trip out after you hear the stuff i do on the fantom. nothing basic. If I knew how to post my beats up on soundclick, then I would do so. So if yall want to hear some heat then someone tell me how to post my beats up on soundclick. And as you know its not what equipment you use. It's all about your mind and will power.

I was playing with an X6 today and also played on the Motif ES and Triton Extreme.

I didn't like the Triton's touch screen or the layout of the ES but i fell in love with the Fantom straight away, awesome workstation.

It's so nice having all the sounds and features at your fingertips rather than staring at a PC screen. I didn't realise what i was missing out on until i had a play with soime hardware! The keys felt nice too, i actually prefered them to the fully weighted hammer action keys on the ES 88 key.

Definitely gonna be my next purchase

Shocky get some tracks up

Last edited by a moderator:
How cant you like the tritons touch screen but like the fantoms layout?

All you have to do is touch the top sounds and you enter a Main menu and you get all the sounds in categorised order from, STRINGS, to PIANO, to LEADS, to FAST SYNTH, to SLOW SYNTHS.

yea man the work flow of the fantom is so much better than the tritons or the motifs. Its so much easier to navigate and to get around in things. Yeah but I do need to puts some beats up on the web. How do I? Does it cost? I love the sampler on this keyboard. Its great. And the fantom is not limited as well. Rather than buying a whole bunch of sound modules. You can buy more sound cards to go inside the internal expansion area as well. But the only thing bad is that you just have a whole bunch of roland sounds again. But there still comparable to the rest of those sounds in sound modules as well.

Hell naw...the Triton is the easiest to work with. It is so simple to use..no manual really needed. It is much easier than the Fantom X6, which I figured out after some time.

Back