Auditioning and layering\processing drums (MPC users)...

D-MarZ

How do you guys audition, layer and EQ your drums? In the past I used to do it in FL studio because I can go through my sounds very quickly and just drop them into the step sequencer to layer them before I sample them into the MPC. I am getting tired of doing it this way because I need to sample each sound in one by one and it really messes my flow up. I have lately just been doing all my drums layering and stuff in my MPC 4000 but I feel like I cant really get it to sound the way I like. Just wanted to get some other peoples methods...

I have a 2k I had to load one sound per pad then assign the pads to trigger together for the layered sound. I use Reason now much easier

i'm in fl as well and the way you're doing it is (imo) the best way.. but you can also map your samples to your midi keyboard if u have one. mpc works the same way tho.

load all the sounds that you like

pick the ones that fit the most

add more flavor to selected sounds

there should be no reason why you cant get your sounds to sound the way you want in the 4k, you should do more research into the program matrix, everything you need is in the 4k to manipulate and mangle samples.

Back