asr 10 vs eps 16

AC_Winter

which is better. what are some of the differences between them. also wondering which would be better to use with mpc 2000xl or classic.

Obviously the ASR 10 is better...
Its the newer of the two. A ASR works perfectly with a 2000

ViceVersado said:
ASR has more sampling time
The ASR you can sample and play your beat at the same time

Watch this and read the Wu Tang Manual if you want to more know about the differences between the ASR and EPS
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=beat%20kings&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
that video is inaccurate about both EPS modules lol. The main differences are the ASR 10 can sample in stereo it has more sample time it has time stretch. The EPS series have more variable sample rates. The original has around 40 sample rates available its 12 bit only samples mono no fx and has plenty of sample time depending on how hi or low you sample at. I sample my drums at 12hz sometimes as low as 5 depending on the sound I want. RIght now I am back in love with my gritty 5hz drums and so I downsampled everything on my eps classic to that rate. The EPS 16 has fx onboard and more sample time than the original eps otherwise they are about the same. You can make bangers on just an EPS or an ASR10 alone. Hell Rza produced the entire Enter The 36 Chambers on just the EPS classic alone. The main and biggest advantage to the ASR10 over the EPS series imo is that u can use a scsi harddrive with the ASR10 and you cannot on either EPS from what I understand. I have the original EPS but Ive never tried to link it up with a SCSI hard drive but it does have a scsi option

Back