ASR-10 Repair Question

atl48

I'm trying to fix my asr-10 myself right now and I have to replace the fuses. If anybody has ever done this themselves before, I'm wondering how you got the fuses out. I'm trying to get them out with some tweasers right now but their in such an awkward spot and they don't some to want to come loose. If anybody can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

It helps if you can take out the Digital Board. Thats the big board that has all the cables going into it. Just unscrew it and remove it. Be careful if you take any of the cables loose. I recently had to take my board completely apart to try to fix a problem. What a nightmare!!

There is actually a weird little plastic "fuse remover tool" (maybe mungo knows what the real name is) ... I've seen them at Fry's and Radio Shack.

Thanks for the help. I have another question about replacing the fuses though. Do you need fast blow or slow blow fusess?

What you need to get ist the ASR Service Manual. If you go to Yahoo.com and go to the groups.(There's a link on the front Page). Search for EPS or ASR-10. Join the Ensoniq ASR-10 EPS 16 Group. They have a files section where you download various files for the ASR including the Service Manual.

Back