windows...?

P

PRiZ

sup, Is windows 2000 good to get, I have somehow got the impression that it can't run alot of programs well and gets messed up alot and that most programs, software programs run better with 98 or 95? can you eplain if there is anything like this? Or is it all the same? thanks!:D

no windows 2000 is much better than 95 and 98...98 has so many problems......and many times the only way to solve it is to reinstall...for instance, if my computer is working too hard it just restarts.....which is a major win98 problem.....there are also better security features for 2000.......micorsoft is coming out with windows xp.....

I don't really like Windows 2000. I tried to install it on my computer and it gave me all sorts of problems. The worst being I couldn't always open windows. I would say get Windows me if you want to upgrade, because Win2k is "built on NT technology" so it's really windows NT 5.0 and windows NT is really for buisnesses.

dj funkifize said:
I windows NT is really for buisnesses.

rubbish i have 2000 and it works fine all my audio stuff works its better for 3d stuff its more stable its probably the best MS have come up with!! i haven't had any problems only one and that was the video driver and directx problem and its not associated with 2000 because someone else had the same problem as i did

uh, last i checked, Win2k doesnt support direct x AT ALL.

I run both

I think its a matter of architecture. The W2k is more stable than other windows operating sys, since its not so flexible. when u close a program, you really close a program, and when you open it the same. Win 98 ruins the register all the time, same with ME, but you can have your sequencer going, web browser open, sound aplications and all kinds of stuff at the same time, in W2k it doesnt behave so well, but its powerful.

I have direct x too.

I run WIn 2000pro and It is the most stable and quickest running os's I have ever used. ME is trash don't let anyone else tell you different. 2000 is not strictly for business's it just uses mainly the NT kernel and a few of the options that NT 4.0 had. It also allows you to use the NTFS format (unlike NT you can partition above 2GB). I would only use 2000 if you have the proper resources though. You need at least 700MHZ and 128MB RAM. It isn't necessary but if you wish to optimize the performance of the os and your computer this is advised. All my software runs beautifully though. I would say wait for the WInXP release but as most new operating systems nothing will be compatible with it at first. XP is supposed to be the newest thing since 95.

HikidB:D

Back