USB Midi controller is slow, delay in reason! annoying

deckster333

ok i have a korg padkontrol and there is an annoying delay when i hit the pads i cant take it anymore. Its connected using the usb.

I use Reason 3.0 with a 2.0GHz, 1 Gb RAM, integrated Soundmax card

Computer is in tip top shape for sure.

any help much appreciated, thanks.

The whole problem is with your soundcard that is introducing a delay we call "latency" . This can be solved by upgrading to a stronger interface that supports ASIO (audio streaming input/output) drivers.

I personally use an M-Audio Firewire 410 interface which carries very very low latency when used with the ASIO driver.

Deckster, start by lowering the audio buffer in Reason, it's under the audio preferences. Play a song and lower that til it starts to sound like sht, then raise it just enought to clear up the pops and clicks. If that still does not do it, download asio4all and that may help lower your latency. But, eventually, you'll want a real audio interface.
LevLove

thank you so much that sh*t fixed it! good looks. now after i retrain my fingers for the delay im ready to bang some stuff outtttttt!!!

For all other people with this problem dl asio4all and lower the buffer like the suggested. I cant beleive I didn't do this sooner.

Dang I love threads like this where the OP asks an actual intelligent question, gives enough information so you can help him, follows thye advice and everything works out!

Back