Questions about yamaha QY 100

K

Kave

I am VERY new with this stuff and got a few questions I was hoping some of yall could help me out with.

I want a machine where i could make beats with. I want something that has Drums, bass, highs, and other instruments
on it. I was thinking about the QY 100 since it is small, portable, and does not cost that much.

How easy is this thing to learn/use?
Does it have many instruments on it?

Someone please help me, I've been searching real hard for something to get and the qy 100 keeps coming to my mind because of its price.

Oh yeah, I wanted something good for hip-hop and rnb beats.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
qy100

i have played with in GC..
i think its sequencer is ok.. but the sound set is pretty weak.. it only has GM sound i think... it will be good for gethering ideas for songs, but the sound is still weak i think...
i like the ideas the you cAn carry anywhere n battary oprated...
i will get one if i have xtra cash..

Kave said:
sorry but what does GC and GM mean?
He means Guitar Center (GC) and General Midi (GM)

the sound set sucks

check eBay for an older workstation you may come up on some good deals for a few hundred dollars

thanks

when you say the sound is weak do u mean it doesnt sound good or the sounds it comes with are not that great?

what would u recommend for a newb like me in the qy 100 price range?

thanks all

USED emu MP7/ XL7/PX7.. THEY ARE GOING FOR about 350-450 on ebay.. it is better than qy100
the sound sets.. are weak... it sounds like some cheap synth

Last edited by a moderator:
The soundset is either a 4 mb rom or 8 mb. The tone generator is XG I believe which has 480 or 676 different sounds. One of those two depending on the module. It should have quite a few drumkits.

I wouldn't recommend it for complete productions but you would find a few sounds usable.

It's a good tool for practicing or making sketches on the move.

Back