Professional Plugins for wobble bass

F

FatChocolate

I am a beginning dubstep producer, and I was wondering if anyone knew some of the plugins that the pros use in dubstep to make their wobble. I am using massive for my wobbles, but i would still like to know what the pros use. I am using Fl studio as my program, and know that Benga and Skream use Fl studio and Rusko uses Sony asid Pro. There are also a handful of others that use ableton and cubase. Anyways I am just looking for some good info as I am trying to look around to see which programs and plugins I like the best. Thanks and Peace

Most of the dubstep cats I've checked online that use FL Studio do a good deal of programming wobbles with FL's 3XOSC plugin. Using Massive is complete overkill. If you're adept at programming your synths, you could probably get a really good wobble out of the majority of the plugins that are shipped with FL Studio.

Check this one out using Wasp XT:

Last edited:
Massive threat is a sound pack with sounds created specifically for genres such as electro and dubstep, its not full on "Massive" its a powered by product. Massive Threat is all about presets.

Massive threat is a sound pack with sounds created specifically for genres such as electro and dubstep, its not full on "Massive" its a powered by product. Massive Threat is all about presets.

and that's precisely the problem with it.

You dudes need to learn to be unique with your music and learn to not be content with sounding just like the next man. Program your own patches and no one can say they're using the exact same sound as you are. This is what can set a decent sounding track apart from an excellent one.

To the OP: Peep out the video and dive into programming some synths head first. There's also some excellent free VST's out there too. Check out TAL's most EXCELLENT plugins. I have TAL's Elek7ro, U-No 62 (Juno 60), and Bassline (very similar to the SH-101) and love 'em.

and that's precisely the problem with it.

You dudes need to learn to be unique with your music and learn to not be content with sounding just like the next man. Program your own patches and no one can say they're using the exact same sound as you are. This is what can set a decent sounding track apart from an excellent one.

To the OP: Peep out the video and dive into programming some synths head first. There's also some excellent free VST's out there too. Check out TAL's most EXCELLENT plugins. I have TAL's Elek7ro, U-No 62 (Juno 60), and Bassline (very similar to the SH-101) and love 'em.

Im not quite convinced that the only way to be "Unique with your Music" is to use different sounds, It has a lot more to do with how you actually use the sounds more than what sounds you choose to use.

Im not quite convinced that the only way to be "Unique with your Music" is to use different sounds, It has a lot more to do with how you actually use the sounds more than what sounds you choose to use.

It has everything to do with what sounds you use.

When I worked in MI (musical instrument) sales, we had our Alesis reps come out for an in-house demo of the Q Series synths. The guy they had out with them had programmed his own patches, and he made sure everyone that attended the seminar knew that what he was playing was NOT stock patches that shipped with the Q series. The patches he created were really good, and they fit the music he was playing at the time whereas the stock stuff wouldn't. The demo showed the flexibility of the synths and those in attendance that understood the value in being able to design their own sounds really appreciated what he had done.

It's obviously not "the only way to be unique" but at least I feel if you're just content with what's being handed to you, you're not going all the way with your vision. Cool presets can be inspiring, though. I just never actually use them.

It has everything to do with what sounds you use.

When I worked in MI (musical instrument) sales, we had our Alesis reps come out for an in-house demo of the Q Series synths. The guy they had out with them had programmed his own patches, and he made sure everyone that attended the seminar knew that what he was playing was NOT stock patches that shipped with the Q series. The patches he created were really good, and they fit the music he was playing at the time whereas the stock stuff wouldn't. The demo showed the flexibility of the synths and those in attendance that understood the value in being able to design their own sounds really appreciated what he had done.

This whole argument falls apart when you go outside of electronic instruments spectrum. With that, I made my suggestion you made yours, both are valid to the OP.

Peace,

F Major

This whole argument falls apart when you go outside of electronic instruments spectrum. With that, I made my suggestion you made yours, both are valid to the OP.

Peace,

F Major

Um... no it doesn't.

In fact, the nicest patch that dude had was a grand piano patch he made using the Q's grand piano samples, but with some really nice tweaks to get it a bit warmer sounding than normal.

Every instrument can benefit when you learn to program your own sounds and apply those principals to acoustic instrument sounds.

Back