MPD 16 vs M-Audio Trigger finger

D

delano517

I love the pads on the MPD-16 i was ready to purchase it untill i saw the trigger finger. I take you guy's advice in high regard and based on the feedback I will then choose. Please lead me in the right direction. I want the one that will work best with my emulator x and reason. I really dont know what to look for in these things so i need feedback based on experience.

trigger finger

better pads
better options
more knobs
more velocity option
better programming

over all they took all they can from mpd and made it better

Trigger has a better and sleeker look...better reprogramming features....and is more durable....I dropped my MPD and the whole right side stopped working.

^^ and you love having the Akai logo displayed on your workspace. It's like instant cred.

:P im just playin man (but not really).

naw to be honest i dont even use my mpd anymore its in my towel closest but im not willing to part with it yet

I'm working on getting it. I've never used a pad hardware before I figured I would try it. starting with something little. I wanted a control for fadders and **** anyway. 200 aint that bad for what your getting

im really having fun assigning Trigger Finger controls to unconventional functions in Abelton Live. (Live is THE best program to map midi controls onto)

Such as assigning a kick to one of the knobs. 127 values, each of the lower half being an 'off' and each of the higher half being an 'on'. Therefore if you sweep the knob around the top half value range you get a million kicks goin off.

you CAN use sticks on the TF, but the pads are a bit small for it. You will probably switch to fingers in a couple minutes unless you got some crazy precision with sticks.

trigger finger...they actually have rubber velocity pads...the pads on the mpd feel plastic...not like the actual mpc so its not really that much alike...

but i have the trigger finger and the mpd so to me it really doesnt matter...but i prefer the trigger finger...

Back