mbox 3 mini vs focusrite scarlett 2i2 (vocals)

6 Shots

Hi,

Which audio interface would give me better quality for rap vocals?

Mbox 3 mini vs focusrite scarlett 2i2?

Too many other factors can play the part from which mic is connected to recording environment. And I'm not quite sure, but there's a good chance if you're plugging it in to a Mac, the M-Box 3 has serious problems working with the new OS. About 90% of the stuff from m-Audio, Avid, and Digidesign still isn't working with the new Mac OS.

I replaced my $500 M-Box 2(that no longer works with my Mac since updating OS) with a $100 Presonus Audiobox(I got the $200 bundle with the Mic and Headphones, but just the box is $100)that IMO honestly is just as clean sounding as my M-Box 2 was. Has all the same functionality. I'm a little out the loop, but once upon a time Focusrite was known for good pres and channel strips, so I can't see it sounding bad.

Last edited:
Too many other factors can play the part from which mic is connected to recording environment. And I'm not quite sure, but there's a good chance if you're plugging it in to a Mac, the M-Box 3 has serious problems working with the new OS. About 90% of the stuff from m-Audio, Avid, and Digidesign still isn't working with the new Mac OS.

Audio Technica AT2035

I also won't be using a Mac...

If anyone knows which one please let me know. Which ever one will give me better quality vocal wise is the one I want :)

Back