M- AUDIO PROJECT MIX I/O bluebird mic PRO TOOLS 8 problem????? please help

Y

YABOICHEEZE

ok i haven't posted in a long time so hopefully im posting in the right spot .... :)

im tryin to help a friend set up his new m-audio project mix i/o to link with his pc version of m-audio pro tools 8 via firewire and a bluebird mic......

i reset factory settings on the project mix and ive gotten it to link with steinberg nuendo no problem ...... EXCEPT the mic has alot of crackling and poping noises????

i was told i need to adjust the hui settings in pro tools to get the mic to read properly.... but now that ive reset the factory settings and its on stenberg cubase mode i cant get it back into pro tools mode.....

i guess i need to know how to get the project mix back into pro tools mode and what hui setting i need to set in pro tools to get this mic to stop crackling..... at first i thought it was the mic but i tryed a different mic and its the same feedback.....

i hope this is enough info... i dont have all the specs in front of me but were using a quad core pc with 6 gigs ive doubled checked all the wires and phantom settings so i know the crackling has to be a daw setting or hardware setting....

thanks in advance for the help guys ive always received great help from FP :)

Back