Changing audio interface

satsat

Hi there everyone!
Soon i'm going to switch to new audio USB interface (now i'm using Focusrite Saffire 6USB).
The interface will be used with Toshiba Satellite laptop (Windows 7 - 64bit)
I'm considering between these models:
- MOTU Audio Express Hybrid
- Digidesign M Box 3
- Esi Dr. DAC Prime
- Focusrite Scarlett 8i6
- Roland UA 55 Quad Capture

Any advices on which one should i choose ? Or any other models ?
I don't need huge amount of inputs. Thanks for help :)

I'd love to do that but unfortunately i don't have a firewire port in my laptop (only USB, no expresscard either) :(

Are you just not liking the Focusrite Saffire? I used the Scarlett 18i6 and loved it! Great preamps, and plays well with most DAWS on the market. Guess I can't say too much on the Saffire, never used it, and kind of always looked at it as the little, less talented brother of the Scarlett, but still just as handy. I know the latency is rated lower on the Scarlett, and also has better dynamic range and better gain than the Saffire, otherwise, I thought most people liked the Saffire. I can't say first hand though as mentioned, never had my hands on the Saffire. I've used the MOTU hybrid, too, but didn't like the preamps compared to the Scarlett. I know this is more personal opinion than anything, and since I've never used the Saffire, take it with a grain of salt. CHEERS!

Thanks for response, i like my saffire very much. The thing is i want to make a step forward and change to something even better. As i know Scarlett 8i6 is pretty much the same as 18i6 apart from I/O number. Very useful opinion comparing MOTU hybrid to Scarlett :)

I would just get another focusrite via USB out of those choices you listed. I just upgraded to a saffire pro 24 dsp and I love it, great interface and im sure the USB versions are just as good!

Back