Behringer Eurodesk MX 3282A - serious problem

THM

I have a very bizarre but serious problem with my Behringer mixer (Eurodesk MX 3282A) since this morning...

I guess it's coming from the power supply, although I'm not sure.

After ± 1 min. of power, the whole desk is going crazy, all led lights are flickering, and there's a serious sound power blast (a very loud "boom + clack" sound) which almost killed my monitors and headphones I think... :(

Should anybody know by what this is caused ? Other gear is working fine; it's just the mixer and/or its power supply (that Behringer power supply is a separated 19" rack module).

Please help ! !

Was there any loose cables? Is there anything crosswired? I know sometimes the prongs on some of my cables get loose at the power outlet and I remember I dropped my cheap headphones right in between and the electricity through the house got hella haywire status.

Thanks for your reply !!
I think I checked all cables and sockets, but I'll have another check tomorrow - just to be sure.

Still welcome for other suggestions...

When I got my Behringer mixer, about 3 years ago, the guy at the store warned me that I was going to have problems with the power supply.

I haven't had any problems but I think this is a known issue with Behringer mixers.

Good luck...

I know... :(
My next will probably be a Mackie or a Soundcraft GHOST (if I take the analog route) or the Yamaha O2R96 (digital). No more crap for me.

But in the meanwhile can anybody still help me with my Behringer ?

Personally, I'd open the thing up and see if there's any soldering that got messed up, if anything looks funny, smells funny, etc etc.

I won't open it by myself - I'm not an electronica expert and I'd like to keep my hands off; I'm just afraid to mess things up even more than they already are. :p

If you are using two(or more) different power outlets in your studio, and a piece of gear is powered by one and the mixer by another it is possible to create a feedback loop through the mixer. This usually happens if you maybe, lifted a ground (or some other voltage change). Anyways, if you did then the inputs could easily have been overpowered for a brief second.(melting soldering or arching from other grounded points on the board). I also think that you should open it up and check. It may be something simple that you can remedy yourself.(if your lucky)If not then I suggest sending it in. A power conditioner wouldn't protect the flow of voltage through the inputs. This actually happened to my tascam(Digital mixer) and I ended up frying a set of sub-buses. Then again the wiring in my home was older.

Behring Eurodesk MX 3282A Serious Problem

I had the same problem with my 3282. So, I bought another power supply. The problem isn't in the p/s. It is in the input/master PC Board on the right side of the console. Possibly in the output board, but I don't think so.

Does anyone know where to find used, or replacement pc boards for the 3282. I'd be willing to pick up a "parts" console if I could find one.

Obviously I'd like to get a new board, but this isn't for me, it's for my theatre, and the powers that be just won't spring for a new board.

thanks

ive had same problem..I know its been a few years since original post haha...but i gotta throw ma 2 cents in just in case anyone else has problems with it....exactley the same thing happened here...all the pfls and mute lights came on, and there was no sound so i openened up the psu and whoa!!!! there was a great big burn on the side ov the box connector marked "x5"....(the one that leads out to the acctual desk if u follow it)....so i just cleaned that up so there was a full connection again....wasnt even expecting it to really work because there is usually a burnt out cap or diode sumwhere but violla!....it worked!!!! :), oh yeh, if u cant open it up urself there only the option to send it to Germany for repairs as NO ONE that I know to fixes them in the UK!!!!

Back